Help :Use of WSDL to generate proxy class ??

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by serge calderara, Nov 9, 2005.

  1. Dear all,

    I have created a simple web service application which is collectionf simple
    data froma database a test purpose. Then I add reference to that web service
    from my client application. When ruuning everything works well.

    Then I trty to use the WSDL tool as a test to generate the proxy class with
    the following:

    WSDL.exe /language:VB C:\myService\Bin\myService.dll?WSDL

    when running this I get following error list reported by the tool :

    Error: There was an error processing
    'file:///C:\myService\Bin\myService.dll?WSDL'.
    - The document at the url file:///C:\myService\Bin\myService.dll?WSDL was
    not recognized as a known document type.
    The error message from each known type may help you fix the problem:
    - Report from 'WSDL Document' is 'There is an error in XML document (0, 0).'.
    - There is an invalid character in the given encoding. Line 1, position 3.
    - Report from 'DISCO Document' is 'The data at the root level is invalid.
    Line 1
    , position 1.'.
    - Report from 'XML Schema' is 'There is an invalid character in the given
    encodi
    ng. Line 1, position 3.'.

    What does it all means ?
    Does something need to be done on the Web service that I forgot ?

    thanks for your help
    serge calderara, Nov 9, 2005