    I have all the latest versions working with me

    Thanks

    , Dec 21, 2006

  2. Ian Wilson Guest

    wrote:
    > I have eclipse tool
    >
    > can anyone tell how to execute a basic "HelloWorld.java" within the
    > IDE

    I'll assume you have the Java Perspective selected and HelloWorld.java
    open in the editor, with a "main(String[] args)".

    I use Alt+Shift+X J

    You might prefer to select the "Run" menu then "Run As" then "Java
    Application".

    To re-run, I click the toolbar button with the white triangle in the
    green circle. I never got into the habit of pressing Ctrl+F11.

    Eclipse has built-in help.

    There is an Eclipse newsgroup, some people prefer not to see Eclipse
    questions in comp.lang.java.programmer.
    Ian Wilson, Dec 21, 2006

  3. Simon Brooke Guest

    in message <>,
    ('') wrote:

    > I have eclipse tool
    >
    > can anyone tell how to execute a basic "HelloWorld.java" within the
    > IDE
    > I have all the latest versions working with me

    Choose the 'Java' perspective (which is the default). In the 'package
    explorer' pane (usually on the left), find the file you're interested in -
    one that has a public static void main( String[] args ) method. Right
    click on it, and choose 'Run As', and then 'Java Application'.

    Sorted.

    -- mens vacua in medio vacuo --
    Simon Brooke, Dec 21, 2006