Help using IP2Geo Web Service

JT

I am doing a project for school and I have to use a public web service from
http://www.xmethods.com. I think I could really use the IP2Geo service. I
have my page setup and the web reference to the site. I just don't know how
to get it to actually use the service. I need some help w/ the correct
code.

Jerry Taylor

Yes I have...

I started out by adding the reference to the web service then I wrote
this...

Dim IP As String
Dim Lkey As String
TextBox1.Text = IP
TextBox2.Text = Lkey

Dim MyService As com.cdyne.ws.IP2Geo = _
New com.cdyne.ws.IP2Geo

MyService.ResolveIP(IP, Lkey)

I have on my webform 2 text boxes that the user will enter an Ip address
and a lisence key. Which needs to be 0. then I want them to be able to
see the geographical location of that Ip address by using the public web
service IP2geo.

(e-mail address removed)
jermike00jt@aol IM

Scott Allen

That seems find so far -

Does the Resolve function return information in a string? Chances are
you'll need to display the return value, or parse the location out of
the return value.