Help! - Using literal encoding with SaaJ

Discussion in 'Java' started by M. Turner, Jun 25, 2004.

  1. M. Turner

    M. Turner Guest

    I have had a search around this and other groups but have not seen the
    answer to my question, so I would really appreciate it if anyone could
    give me any advice:

    Basically I am using SaaJ to create, send and receive XML documents
    using HTTP over SOAP between java clients and servlets. When I return a
    document from a saaj service where the SOAP message includes a complex
    type that is repeated i.e. several records from a database, like so:

    <record>
    child elements
    </record>
    <record>
    child elements
    </record>

    It seems to encode it as an array using SOAP multiref encoding. I want
    to be able to create an XML schema for the documents and use literal
    encoding for it (i.e, for Saaj to not automatically encode it using
    multirefs).

    Is there a way to set the encoding style for Saaj to literal? Or for it
    to not automatically encode my data as an array at least? If not, does
    anyone know of a better way to do this at all? Is there another java API
    I should be using for document style messaging? I need to be able to
    create and parse the XML SOAP documents manually, rather than send the
    information as method calls and parameters as in JAX-RPC.

    I'm a relative newbie at saaj and I am coming to the conclusion that I
    am probably trying to do something that is not possible with the current
    version of the API...

    Any information at all would be a great help,

    Thanks,

    Matt

    http://www.usenet.com

    M. Turner, Jun 25, 2004