Help using System.Web.Mail to send an email

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Terry Olsen, Aug 7, 2005.

  1. Terry Olsen

    Terry Olsen Guest

    I'm running on Windows Server 2003, Exchange 2003, ASP.NET (Framework 1.1)

    I can send mail using an email client, telnetting in to the SMTP port and
    manually sending the email, but when I try to use the SmtpMail object to
    send email (to & from addresses are both on my local SMTP server) I get the
    following errors.

    Exception: Could not access 'CDO.Message' object.
    InnerException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    InnerException: Access is denied.

    I can't figure out what is meant by access is denied. I have anonymous
    access enabled in my SMTP server... I've read the faq at
    www.systemwebmail.com but none of the solutions there work for me. Can
    anyone help?

    Thanks.

    Terry Olsen, Aug 7, 2005

  2. Terry Olsen

    martin Guest

    sounds like the address you have do not have permissions to relay from the
    mail server.

    look in the properties of the smtp server

    see "relay" button at the botton are "access" tab.

    HTH

    martin

    martin, Aug 8, 2005

  3. Terry Olsen

    Terry Olsen Guest

    Yeah, I found my problem. I was putting in the server's IP address in the
    allow relay form, when I should have put in the 127.0.0.1 IP.

    Terry Olsen, Aug 8, 2005