Help Wanted: Projects looking for Developers

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Adem, Oct 23, 2008.

  1. Adem

    Adem Guest

    Adem, Oct 23, 2008

  2. Adem

    Bo Persson Guest

    Bo Persson, Oct 23, 2008

  3. Adem

    jacob navia Guest

    Bo Persson wrote:
    > Adem wrote:
    >> Projects looking for Developer
    >>
    >> Help Wanted
    >> - 174 Developer
    >> - 9 Project Manager
    >> - 1 Unix Admin
    >> - 47 Doc Writer
    >> - 29 Tester
    >> - 4 Support Manager
    >> - 27 Graphic/Other Designer
    >> - 28 Translator
    >>
    >> For details see:
    >> http://savannah.gnu.org/people/?category_id=1
    >> http://savannah.gnu.org/
    >> http://www.gnu.org/

    > Sure, I could help you out here.
    >
    > Would you like to pay per hour or per week?
    >

    > Bo Persson

    Interesting. I looked at those projects but could not find any hint
    of a salary.

    :)

    I thought they had too many developers. The guys managing the SVN
    project wrote a book (imagine) on how to get rid of developers.

    Reasons are many. For instance there are obnoxious developers that
    insist that the code they write has their name on it. It is OK to
    work for no pay, but at least their name should appear.

    Nope. The SVN managers said that that was too much. And they add
    that if somebody goes away "there will be always someone that comes
    to fill the gap"...

    So, developers should work anonymously and for free. GREAT.

    --
    jacob navia
    jacob at jacob point remcomp point fr

    jacob navia, Oct 23, 2008