    You need to spend the time to insert each MPs info in the template so I end up
    with 308 different pages One for each MP

    reply by email only please to

    Cathy Puta, Sep 11, 2004

  2. Cathy Puta

    Guest

    On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 18:49:17 -0400, Cathy Puta <> wrote:

    >This is NOT a database project.

    But it SHOULD be. Otherwise you are wasting your time and money generating 308
    static pages of HTML when it should be one dynamic page, fed by a database!

    Alternatively, it should be a simple program which merges your template data
    and database info.

    regards
    Marcus

    , Sep 12, 2004

  3. Cathy Puta <> wrote:

    > You need to spend the time to insert each MPs info in the template so
    > I end up with 308 different pages One for each MP

    Simple data entry, doable by any monkey. feh. :p

    The Doormouse

    The Doormouse, Sep 12, 2004
  4. Cathy Puta

    rf Guest

    Cathy Puta wrote:

    > Help wanted will pay reasonable fee
    >
    > I need someone who can working from a template I supply, fill in the data

    for
    > 308 Members of Parliament (MPs)

    I'll do it. $50au per page. Drop me an email.
    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Sep 12, 2004
  5. Cathy Puta

    Augustus Guest

    "Cathy Puta" <> wrote in message
    > Help wanted will pay reasonable fee
    >
    > I need someone who can working from a template I supply, fill in the data

    for
    > 308 Members of Parliament (MPs)
    >
    > This is NOT a database project.

    It would be hard to come up with a more perfect example of what should be a
    database project

    - you use one standard template for all pages
    - the only information that changes per page depends on what MP was selected
    - if an MP is voted out of office (or dies or retires or whatever) you only
    have to delete his/her entry in the DB and enter the new entry... all links
    (IE: the directory) on the site would update automatically
    - users could have the option to sort the directory (which is fairly large)
    however they want (by name, by riding, by region, by portfolio... etc)
    - if some information changes (ie: a phone number, fax number, email
    address, portfolio, riding boundry, etc) the site can be updated by making a
    change to the database entry, don't need somebody to go in and edit the HTML
    - if you did it by database you would only need to do up 1 page as the
    template and then 1 page as an edit/update entries page. You wouldn't be in
    the situation you are in now because you could just do the data entry
    yourself or hire somebody at $10 an hour for 4 or 5 hours to key it all in
    for you... they wouldn't need to know any HTML

    Augustus, Sep 12, 2004
  6. Cathy Puta

    Dave Patton Guest

    Dave Patton, Sep 12, 2004
  7. Cathy Puta

    Big Bill Guest

    On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 18:53:26 -0700, "Augustus"
    <> wrote:

    >"Cathy Puta" <> wrote in message
    >> Help wanted will pay reasonable fee
    >>
    >> I need someone who can working from a template I supply, fill in the data

    >for
    >> 308 Members of Parliament (MPs)
    >>
    >> This is NOT a database project.

    >It would be hard to come up with a more perfect example of what should be a
    >database project

    But remember, Augustus, this has to do with politicians. Naturally
    it's bolloxed before it begins.

    BB

    Big Bill, Sep 12, 2004
  8. Big Bill wrote:
    > On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 18:53:26 -0700, "Augustus"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >> "Cathy Puta" <> wrote in message

    [snip]
    > But remember, Augustus, this has to do with politicians. Naturally
    > it's bolloxed before it begins.
    >
    > BB

    LOL, brilliant, first message I read this morning. Nice one.

    --
    Andy
    http://home.freeuk.net/stevenso/

    Andy Stevenson, Sep 12, 2004
  9. Cathy Puta

    Cathy Puta Guest

    Cathy Puta works for me.

    You are going to get a Statement of Claim along with your company for your
    unfounded attacks on us.

    Please let us know if you have a lawyer who will accept service on your behalf.
    J K I

    BTW your web site is pathetic. You obviously have no skills whatsoever, apart
    from that of attacking people.

    I wouldn't hire you to eat shit in an outhouse.

    x-no-archive:yes

    Cathy Puta, Sep 12, 2004
  10. While the city slept, Augustus () feverishly
    typed...

    > "Cathy Puta" <> wrote in message
    >> Help wanted will pay reasonable fee
    >>
    >> I need someone who can working from a template I supply, fill in the
    >> data for 308 Members of Parliament (MPs)
    >>
    >> This is NOT a database project.

    > It would be hard to come up with a more perfect example of what
    > should be a database project

    Agreed
    [...]

    > - if an MP is voted out of office (or dies or retires or whatever)
    > you only have to delete his/her entry in the DB and enter the new
    > entry... [...]

    A better approach would be to have an entry for each seat, and change the
    details of the sitting MP when necessary. No need to delete one and then
    enter another. Eg. I am in the High Peak constituency (UK). The sitting MP
    is Tom Levitt (Labour). If (or when) at the next election there is a new MP,
    simply change the details for "High Peak" to reflect this. I would also
    suggest recording such details as the MP's majority, and the majority at the
    previous election (to help demonstrate any swing). If he actually manages to
    keep his seat, then update the High Peak entry to show the new majority.

    Cheers,
    Nige

    --
    Nigel Moss
    http://www.nigenet.org.uk

    nice.guy.nige, Sep 12, 2004
  11. While the city slept, Cathy Puta () feverishly typed...

    > Help wanted will pay reasonable fee
    >
    > I need someone who can working from a template I supply, fill in the
    > data for 308 Members of Parliament (MPs)

    I'm intrigued as to what this is about... Which parliament?

    > This is NOT a database project.

    Read the other responses for good reasons why this is a bad idea.

    > reply by email only please to

    Why you shouldn't ask for email response on usenet:
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/mail-responses.html

    Cheers,
    Nige

    --
    Nigel Moss
    http://www.nigenet.org.uk

    nice.guy.nige, Sep 12, 2004
  12. Cathy Puta

    Karl Groves Guest

    "Cathy Puta" <> wrote in message
    > Cathy Puta works for me.
    >
    > You are going to get a Statement of Claim along with your company for your
    > unfounded attacks on us.

    You're a lawyer and you think you can sue someone for posting a link on
    usenet?
    God, I feel sorry for your clients.

    -Karl

    (text below preserved to show what a dumbfuck this person is)

    Karl Groves, Sep 12, 2004
  13. Cathy Puta

    Hywel Guest

    In article <>, Cathy Puta
    says...
    > x-no-archive:yes
    > >> Cathy Puta <> wrote in

    > >> "Cathy Puta" is an alias for J Kirby Inwood, and anyone
    > >> seriously considering taking on the requested work may
    > >> want to do a bit of research:
    > >> http://www.lsuc.ca/news/updates/june1704_lawyerindex.jsp
    > >> A google groups search shows lots of info going back
    > >> many years.

    > Cathy Puta works for me.
    >
    > You are going to get a Statement of Claim along with your company for your
    > unfounded attacks on us.

    Of course he his. What do you propose to claim for? Surely not because
    Mr. Patton posted a link to a news article about you?

    > BTW your web site is pathetic. You obviously have no skills whatsoever, apart
    > from that of attacking people.

    Funny, I was thinking the same about CanLaw, particularly the pages
    about web design.

    --
    Hywel

    http://sponsorhywel.org.uk/

    Hywel, Sep 12, 2004
  14. Cathy Puta

    Spartanicus Guest

    Cathy Puta <> wrote:

    >You are going to get a Statement of Claim along with your company for your
    >unfounded attacks on us.

    Please can I have one to? I'll repeat the "attack":

    "Cathy Puta" is an alias for J Kirby Inwood, and anyone
    seriously considering taking on the requested work may
    want to do a bit of research:
    http://www.lsuc.ca/news/updates/june1704_lawyerindex.jsp
    A google groups search shows lots of info going back
    many years.

    >Please let us know if you have a lawyer who will accept service on your behalf.

    I don't, but I *really* don't think that I'll be needing one :)

    >BTW your web site is pathetic. You obviously have no skills whatsoever, apart
    >from that of attacking people.
    >
    >I wouldn't hire you to eat shit in an outhouse.

    A nice demonstration of what type you are. Good luck in this group ;-)

    --
    Spartanicus

    Spartanicus, Sep 12, 2004
  15. Cathy Puta

    Sam Hughes Guest

    Cathy Puta <> wrote in

    > Cathy Puta works for me.
    >
    > You are going to get a Statement of Claim along with your company for
    > your unfounded attacks on us.

    ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

    Hey, you know what I just realized? The distance between R and O and the
    distance between F and L on a QWERTY keyboard are the same, with R directly
    above F and O directly above L. This makes repeatedly typing the text
    "ROFL" fun and amusing, because (1) typing alternates between the left and
    right hand, and (2) both hands just move up and down from one row to
    another, symmetrically.

    Sam Hughes, Sep 12, 2004
  16. While the city slept, Cathy Puta () feverishly typed...

    > Cathy Puta works for me.

    Cathy Puta works for Cathy Puta? Oh, I get it, you are someone else replying
    to the thread using her account! Don't you have one of your own that you
    could have used?

    > You are going to get a Statement of Claim along with your company for
    > your unfounded attacks on us.

    What unfounded attack? Do you mean the link to a news article? Remind me
    never to link to a news article about the War on Terror - I don't want Bin
    Laden or Bush sueing me! ;-)

    > BTW your web site is pathetic.

    People in glass houses, etc, etc...

    > I wouldn't hire you to eat shit in an outhouse.

    You really have got absolutely no idea how to endear yourself to a group,
    have you?

    Cheers,
    Nige

    --
    Nigel Moss
    http://www.nigenet.org.uk

    nice.guy.nige, Sep 12, 2004
  17. On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 11:13:04 -0400, Cathy Puta <>
    wrote:

    >Cathy Puta works for me.

    "Puta?!" Please. I can't be the only one around here who knows at
    least a little Spanish slang.

    Nick

    --
    Nick Theodorakis

    contact form:
    http://theodorakis.net/contact.html

    Nick Theodorakis, Sep 12, 2004
  18. Nick Theodorakis wrote:

    > On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 11:13:04 -0400, Cathy Puta <>
    > wrote:

    >>Cathy Puta works for me.

    > "Puta?!" Please. I can't be the only one around here who knows at
    > least a little Spanish slang.

    You aren't. I was just waiting. ;)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Go Blue

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 12, 2004
  19. Cathy Puta

    WebcastMaker Guest

    In article <Xns9562871DBAC37hughesrpiedu@130.133.1.4>,
    says...
    > > You are going to get a Statement of Claim along with your company for
    > > your unfounded attacks on us.

    > ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL
    > Hey, you know what I just realized? The distance between R and O and the
    > distance between F and L on a QWERTY keyboard are the same, with R directly
    > above F and O directly above L....

    We really need to find you some work... (0_o)
    --
    WebcastMaker
    Webcasting for free

    WebcastMaker, Sep 12, 2004
  20. Quoth the raven nice.guy.nige:

    > While the city slept, Cathy Puta () feverishly typed...
    >
    >>Cathy Puta works for me.

    > Cathy Puta works for Cathy Puta?

    Do I remember my Spanish correctly? Puta?

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left chuckling.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 12, 2004