Help wanted will pay reasonable fee

nice.guy.nige

While the city slept, WebcastMaker ([email protected]) feverishly typed...
I forget who said it, but here is the usenet process:

1: You ask a question.
2: we discuss it

That's it. If you happen to get an answer from that discussion then
you win.

Ooh! I didn't know there were winners!! Is there a prize??? ;-)

Cheers,
Nige

Cathy Puta

Yes I tell my employees what to do.
Some idiot web worker is not in a position to advise me on what I want.
You are just a two bit flunky and illiterate at that.
Now run along .... your mommy is calling

x-no-archive:yes

Cathy Puta

Nonsense. You are not advertising experts. You are at the level of bus boys and
you are paid marginal wages because your work is marginal.
I certainly do not take advice from bus boys.

x-no-archive:yes

Cathy Puta

You are dead wrong. This is NOT a database project

The maintenance cost is zero. since MPs do not change between elections.
If I spelled something wrong a simple search and replace fixes that in two
nanoseconds.

The cost of developing a database for this simple little project is out of
proportion to its value.

Try to grasp that elementary concept.

I am the client and I will have it my way. If I wanted expert advice I would
find an expert and no one here qualifies.

x-no-archive:yes
While the city slept, Cathy Puta ([email protected]) feverishly typed...
For reasons which do not concern you I do NOT want a database as
stated clearly in the request.
You need to learn to give the client what is wanted. Not to impose
your ignorance on them.

Rather, it is the developer's responsibility to find the most efficient
means of providing for the client's needs. By all means, produce 308
separate static pages if you want, but the maintenance cost of this is going
to be massive. What are you going to do when you realise that you have - as
an example - spelt "parliament" wrong in the original template and now need
to change 308 occurences of one mistake? It is also going to be a QA
nightmare. We have all given good reasons for doing this with a database. I
cannot think of even one remotely good reason why it shouldn't be done using
a database. If you can, please do let us know. I am intrigued that the
reasons "do not concern [me]" - why such secrecy over whether or not to use
a database?

Cheers,
Nige

Cathy Puta

and where does the data come from you idiot?
Once it is done, it is simpler and cheaper to toss in some html

God I cannot believe how idiotic and ignorant you people are.

If you are not interested in this project, and I can assure you none of you
would be retained, why don't you just shut up?

Obviously you do not have enough to do which is another reason not to hire any
of you.

Cathy Puta

I did not ask for a discussion. I was looking to hire someone for a simple two
or three day job.

You are the ass... you also cannot read.

The Doormouse

Cathy Puta said:
The cost of developing a database for this simple little project is
out of proportion to its value. ....
I am the client and I will have it my way. If I wanted expert advice I
would find an expert and no one here qualifies.

So, what do you consider a "reasonable fee" to pay all these amateurs? Are
we suppossed to work for you for free?

:)

The Doormouse

The Doormouse

Cathy Puta said:
If you are not interested in this project, and I can assure you none
of you would be retained

Oh, I see ... so up front, there is no chance of ever getting your business
again for this marginal task on which you place practically no value.

This has been a cheap lesson, though doubtless soem designer out there has
"been there, doen that" the hard way.

The Doormouse

Hywel

Cathy Puta said:
x-no-archive:yes
Nonsense. You are not advertising experts. You are at the level of bus boys and
you are paid marginal wages because your work is marginal.
I certainly do not take advice from bus boys.

You're funny.

Hywel

You're a lawyer and you think you can sue someone for posting a link on
usenet?

Kirwood? A lawyer? He's a fruitcake. A nut-job. Always has been,
always will be.

Sam Hughes

You are dead wrong. This is NOT a database project

The maintenance cost is zero. since MPs do not change between
elections.

But they do change at elections.
If I spelled something wrong a simple search and replace
fixes that in two nanoseconds.

The cost of developing a database for this simple little project is
out of proportion to its value.

Developing a database such as this would be trivial...

Sam Hughes

Cathy Puta works for me.

You are going to get a Statement of Claim along with your company for
your unfounded attacks on us.

Please tell if you get one....

(yah, I'm being redundant with the subject.)

WebcastMaker

Yes I tell my employees what to do.
Some idiot web worker is not in a position to advise me on what I want.
You are just a two bit flunky and illiterate at that.
Now run along .... your mommy is calling

You are so funny. We have not had someone like you in a few weeks.

What you "want" is irrelevant. As a Lawyer you should know that. Every
criminal "wants" to get away with their crime.

Putting 200+ static webpages out there is a crime.

When you give legal advice, do you think it is smart for your clients to
take that advice and act on it? Or is it smarter for them to ignore
your advice and do what you know is wrong?

Same thing here. Take the advice of EVERYONE here.

WebcastMaker

Nonsense. You are not advertising experts. You are at the level of bus boys and
you are paid marginal wages because your work is marginal.
I certainly do not take advice from bus boys.

See you prove your ignorance in your statement. The layout (that's the
advertising part you mention)is completely irrelevant to the fact that
the page is generated from a database.

WebcastMaker

You are dead wrong. This is NOT a database project

No, it is a database project. IF you want it done right. The fact that
the data in the database will not change is irrelevant. It is still a
database project.

Don't you find it interesting that, every single person in a forum where
we discuss html and websites says this is a database project, and you,
the only person that doesn't do this for a living says it's not a
database project?
The maintenance cost is zero. since MPs do not change between elections.
If I spelled something wrong a simple search and replace fixes that in two
nanoseconds.

Same with a database
The cost of developing a database for this simple little project is out of
proportion to its value.

Ahhh, here is your issue. But in reality the cost of making this
database would be LESS than making all these static pages. You would
save thousands in development time. Everyone here could build this
project and enter the data in a day, 2 days tops if they use a database.
I am the client and I will have it my way. If I wanted expert advice I would
find an expert and no one here qualifies.

hehehe

WebcastMaker

I did not ask for a discussion. I was looking to hire someone for a simple two
or three day job.
300+ static pages in 2 or 3 days.... Sure...
You are the ass... you also cannot read.

Uh, legal advice here guys, Did she just libel me? Or is this slander?
She is attempting to ruin my reputation in this forum. Should I seek
counsel? Maybe take a copy of this thread and send it to her boss.
That might be the right thing do. Show how counsel won't listen to
experts.

rf

WebcastMaker said:
300+ static pages in 2 or 3 days.... Sure...

Uh, legal advice here guys, Did she just libel me? Or is this slander?

Facts. In .au at least.

Libel is if she verbally calls you an ass to your face, or if says to that
news reporter over there --> that you are an ass. Slander is if she puts it
in writing and publishes it somewhere, like where millions of people can
read it. Much more serious.
She is attempting to ruin my reputation in this forum.

Er, its already ruined? :)
Should I seek
counsel? Maybe take a copy of this thread and send it to her boss.
HA!

That might be the right thing do. Show how counsel won't listen to
experts.

People: Why are we still feeding this troll?