HELP: Why can't I get exslt:node-set working with Xalan-J

Discussion in 'XML' started by Andy Fish, Jul 21, 2003.

  1. Andy Fish

    Andy Fish Guest

    Hi

    I am using Xalan-J 2.4.1 and I am trying to get the EXSLT node-set function
    working. xalan:nodeset() works fine but when I try exslt:node-set I get this
    error:

    (Location of error unknown)XSLT Error
    (javax.xml.transform.TransformerException): java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
    For extension function, could not find method
    org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.DTMNodeIterator.node-set([ExpressionContext,] ).

    I have tried all the web searches and classpath combinations I can think of.
    All I have found is one post saying it's not supported and another saying it
    just works automatically. Please someone put me out of my misery.

    (fwiw here's my complete xsl)

    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    version="1.0"
    xmlns:exslt="http://exslt.org/common">
    <xsl:template match="/">
    <xsl:variable name="rtf"><a /></xsl:variable>
    <xsl:value-of select="name(exslt:node-set($rtf)/*)"/>
    </xsl:template>
    </xsl:stylesheet>

    Andy

    Andy Fish, Jul 21, 2003