help with a ascx control in the edititem template of a datlist

SStory

I have a states.ascx control--simple dropdown of state abbrevs--comes from
it's own internal array of abbrevs--simple code.

It works great on the page in a panel but when another instance is placed in
the EditItemTEmplate of my datalist control it doesn't display anything in
the list.

What is the deal?

Also, I have learned a lot about the datalist for any newbies that are
having trouble... I have spent time talking to MS about it and have learned
a few things--although much to learn still.

thanks,

Shane

SStory

I got help from MS.

Turns out that in the user control the it won't load correctly if you check
for ispostback.
So you need another public routine and pass the page into it and access it's
caches via that variable and call this sub from within your program in the
ItemCreated event.

Hope this info helps someone else