    a few things--although much to learn still.

    thanks,

    Shane
    SStory, Sep 9, 2003

  2. SStory

    SStory Guest

    I got help from MS.

    Turns out that in the user control the it won't load correctly if you check
    for ispostback.
    So you need another public routine and pass the page into it and access it's
    caches via that variable and call this sub from within your program in the
    ItemCreated event.

    Hope this info helps someone else

    "SStory" <> wrote in message
    > I have a states.ascx control--simple dropdown of state abbrevs--comes from
    > it's own internal array of abbrevs--simple code.
    >
    > It works great on the page in a panel but when another instance is placed

    in
    > the EditItemTEmplate of my datalist control it doesn't display anything in
    > the list.
    >
    > What is the deal?
    >
    > Also, I have learned a lot about the datalist for any newbies that are
    > having trouble... I have spent time talking to MS about it and have

    learned

    SStory, Sep 10, 2003