Help with accessing webserver

Jeffery J. Morgan

Hello,

I have a problem that I have not been able to resolve. I have a feeling that
it is related to a security policy, but not sure which one.

Within our domain, there are developers that are working on their local IIS
servers on .ASP projects. We have some Macintosh computers that we are
trying to test from, but they are not able to access the IIS servers.
Currently using forms authentication in the project. I did some testing and
it appears to not just be a Macintosh problem, but more like an
authentication issues. I have a couple of PC's that are part of the same
domain as the development machine (XP Pro) and they are able to access the
webserver without trouble. However, PC's that are not part of the domain
(setup the same) are not able to access the webservers.

This issues appears to only be on the workstations, if we move the project
to a windows 2000 server instead running IIS, it works as expected.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

Cor

Hi Jeffery,
Sorry, I d'nt see any relations with the VB.net language please don't post
this messages in this newsgroup, that saves reading time?
Thanks
Cor

Jeffery J. Morgan

Since the app is written specifically in vb.NET, it is relavent. Nobody made
you read it.

Thanks
Jeff

Cor

Jeffery,
Thanks for your answer, I hope for you that someone will spent some time too
something as you.
But I think that will be everytime less and less people.
Cor