Help with AJAX updatepanel?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by brett, Jan 28, 2007.

  1. brett

    brett Guest

    I have an AJAX updatepanel in an aspx page. Inside the updatepanel is
    a placeholder control, which loads various ascx files. This all works
    fine. One of the ascx files also has an updatepanel in it. In the
    updatepanel is an ASP.NET image button that does a postback. So, it
    looks like this:

    aspx.updatepanel.Add(LoadControl(ascx control))
    --> ascx.updatepanel
    --> imagebutton

    After this ascx control loads, I click the image button and nothing
    happens. However, from the 2nd click on, it works fine. Another ascx
    controls loads and then the one in question loads again. The same
    behavior occurs. The first click doesn't work but all after it does.
    I also put a breakpoint in the image button click method. It only
    hits on the 2nd click and after.

    Any ideas why this happens?

    Thanks,
    Brett
    brett, Jan 28, 2007

  2. brett

    Guest

    On Jan 28, 12:15 am, "brett" <> wrote:
    > I have anAJAXupdatepanel in an aspx page. Inside the updatepanel is
    > a placeholder control, which loads various ascx files. This all works
    > fine. One of the ascx files also has an updatepanel in it. In the
    > updatepanel is an ASP.NET image button that does a postback. So, it
    > looks like this:
    >
    > aspx.updatepanel.Add(LoadControl(ascx control))
    > --> ascx.updatepanel
    > --> imagebutton
    >
    > After this ascx control loads, Iclickthe image button and nothing
    > happens. However, from the 2ndclickon, it works fine. Another ascx
    > controls loads and then the one in question loads again. The same
    > behavior occurs. The firstclickdoesn't work but all after it does.
    > I also put a breakpoint in the image buttonclickmethod. It only
    > hits on the 2ndclickand after.
    >
    > Any ideas why this happens?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Brett

    I am having exactly the same AJAX problem. I have a few textboxes and
    dropdownlists that are bound to the database.
    After the user enters a customer ID and hit the [Retrieve Customer
    Info] button, the application retrieves customer info and populates
    these said controls.

    But, the very first time the user enters the customer ID and clicks
    the retrieve button, the controls don't get populated, they get
    populated from the 2nd click on.

    What's the problem? AJAX bug? I am using the beta version of AJAX.
    , Feb 4, 2007