Help with AJAX updatepanel?

brett

I have an AJAX updatepanel in an aspx page. Inside the updatepanel is
a placeholder control, which loads various ascx files. This all works
fine. One of the ascx files also has an updatepanel in it. In the
updatepanel is an ASP.NET image button that does a postback. So, it
looks like this:

aspx.updatepanel.Add(LoadControl(ascx control))
--> ascx.updatepanel
--> imagebutton

After this ascx control loads, I click the image button and nothing
happens. However, from the 2nd click on, it works fine. Another ascx
controls loads and then the one in question loads again. The same
behavior occurs. The first click doesn't work but all after it does.
I also put a breakpoint in the image button click method. It only
hits on the 2nd click and after.

Any ideas why this happens?

Thanks,
Brett

antonyliu2002

[...]

I am having exactly the same AJAX problem. I have a few textboxes and
dropdownlists that are bound to the database.
After the user enters a customer ID and hit the [Retrieve Customer
Info] button, the application retrieves customer info and populates
these said controls.

But, the very first time the user enters the customer ID and clicks
the retrieve button, the controls don't get populated, they get
populated from the 2nd click on.

What's the problem? AJAX bug? I am using the beta version of AJAX.