Help with ASP on Win2K server

apragent

Our web server crashed and I had to move all web sites to backup server.
Installed Internet service and it appears to work OK on html files, but ASP
files are not functioning - what is wrong? I have lost so many brain cells
that I need a fresh mind to see the obvisous.

Did I miss installing something?

Thanks
Tom

Mike Brind

apragent said:
Our web server crashed and I had to move all web sites to backup server.
Installed Internet service and it appears to work OK on html files, but ASP
files are not functioning - what is wrong? I have lost so many brain cells
that I need a fresh mind to see the obvisous.

At the moment, you need a psychic. Describe "not functioning" for us
ordinary folk, please.

Bob Newsome

1. On the server go to Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Internet
Services Manager.
2. Expand the server and right click on one of the sites giving you
problems and select properties.
3. Select the Home Directory tab and make sure you have an application
running in the Applications Settings section. If not, click the create
button. Optionally change "Default Application" to something signifcant
to you.

If the application was not initiated that was most likely your problem.
Otherwise you'll have to provide a little more detail.

Bob Newsome

apragent

Sorry - ASP pages were not being served up.

I did resolve the problem - in the IWAM password and KB 255770

Thanks, Tom

apragent

I did resolve the problem - a result of the IWAM password and KB 255770
problem that others have posted here.

Thanks, Tom