Help with aspnet_ membership and role management

Keith

Why can't my ASP.NET application run custom stored procedures against the
aspnet_Users table. For example, the aspnet_Users table has 2 records and
yet the following stored procedure

ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[GetUsers]
AS
SELECT ApplicationId, UserId, UserName, LoweredUserName, MobileAlias,
IsAnonymous, LastActivityDate
FROM aspnet_Users

returns no data, only column headings and:

No rows affected.
(1 row(s) returned)
@RETURN_VALUE = 0
Finished running [dbo].[GetUsers]