Help with autorun.inf file.

Big-Dave

Hi, I have tryed to get a web-page to run
when I insert a cd. Heres my autorun.inf,
all files are in the same place. Other cd's
will auto start. I am missing something?
I am using win-xp home.
Thanks
Dave

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
[autorun]
OPEN=iexplore dan.html
ICON=MyIcon.ICO

[autorun]
OPEN=dan.htm
ICON=MyIcon.ICO

Revd. Norle Enturbulata

Big-Dave said:
Hi, I have tryed to get a web-page to run
when I insert a cd. Heres my autorun.inf,
all files are in the same place. Other cd's
will auto start. I am missing something?
I am using win-xp home.
Thanks
Dave

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
[autorun]
OPEN=iexplore dan.html
ICON=MyIcon.ICO

[autorun]
OPEN=dan.htm
ICON=MyIcon.ICO

Does even the browser open?

Big-Dave

Hi, thanks for the reply. No IE doesen't open, the
light on the cd-rom sputters ant it wines but no-
open into my broweser(IE). As I said I tryed an
aol disk and it opened. So I copyed aol's
autorun.inf to my directory and changed
cdpicker.exe to dan.html, but no banana!!
Dave

Mitja

Big-Dave said:
Hi, I have tryed to get a web-page to run
when I insert a cd. Heres my autorun.inf,
all files are in the same place. Other cd's
will auto start. I am missing something?
I am using win-xp home.
Thanks
Dave

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
[autorun]
OPEN=iexplore dan.html
ICON=MyIcon.ICO

[autorun]
OPEN=dan.htm
ICON=MyIcon.ICO

The thing that may well confuse Windows is that you specify the parameters
twice. What should it run, "iexplore dan.htm" or "dan.htm". The answer is,
of course, the former, so omit the latter. Also, try writing iexplore.exe
instead of just iexplore.

This solution, however, enforces use of IE. Try the ShellExecute parameter
rather, lik this:

[autorun]
SHELLEXECUTE=dan.htm
ICON=...

This should have the same effect as double-clicking dan.htm, presuming that
autorun is enabled.

Mitja

Hywel

Hi, I have tryed to get a web-page to run
when I insert a cd. Heres my autorun.inf,
all files are in the same place. Other cd's
will auto start. I am missing something?
I am using win-xp home.

Do a google on "html autorun". ILTM that your file is screwed - IIRC
your method won't work, and you'll need something like SHELLEXEC, or
summat.

Revd. Norle Enturbulata

Big-Dave said:
Hi, I have tryed to get a web-page to run
when I insert a cd. Heres my autorun.inf,
all files are in the same place. Other cd's
will auto start. I am missing something?
I am using win-xp home.
Thanks
Dave

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
[autorun]
OPEN=iexplore dan.html
ICON=MyIcon.ICO

[autorun]
OPEN=dan.htm
ICON=MyIcon.ICO

Try this: http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptautorun.asp

brucie

in post: <
Big-Dave said:
Hi, I have tryed to get a web-page to run
when I insert a cd.

[autorun]
shellexecute=index.html

shellexecute=[filepath\]filename[param1, [param2]...]
Parameters

filepath
A string that contains the fully qualified path of the directory that
contains the data or executable file. If no path is specified, the file
must be in the drive's root directory.

filename
A string that contains the file's name. If it is an executable file, it
is launched. If it is a data file, it must be a member of a file class.
ShellExecuteEx launches the default command associated with the file
class.

paramx
Contains any additional parameters that should be passed to
ShellExecuteEx.

Remarks
This command is similar to open, but it allows you to use file
association information to run the application.

Autorun.inf Commands
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/e...ll_basics_extending/autorun/autoplay_cmds.asp

Creating an AutoRun-Enabled Application
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/e...l_basics_extending/autorun/autoplay_works.asp

Big-Dave

Success!!!
Thanks for all the help. I had Karen's autorun program
however I always like to code it me self . Anyway I
put the info in her progie and in BINGO, the thing
works perfect. It produces this..

[Autorun]
open=PTStart.exe DAN.HTML
icon=MyIcon.ICO

This completes this project, but I still want to find
out why I can't code it. I tryed iexplore.exe instead
of iexplore but still did not work. I will check out
some of the links toy guys sugested.
Thanks
Dave

Try this: http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptautorun.asp