    [autorun]
    OPEN=dan.htm
    ICON=MyIcon.ICO

    Big-Dave, Apr 7, 2004

  2. "Big-Dave" <> wrote in message
    news:c51fqf$vp4$...
    > Hi, I have tryed to get a web-page to run
    > when I insert a cd. Heres my autorun.inf,
    > all files are in the same place. Other cd's
    > will auto start. I am missing something?
    > I am using win-xp home.
    > Thanks
    > Dave
    >
    > -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    > [autorun]
    > OPEN=iexplore dan.html
    > ICON=MyIcon.ICO
    >
    > [autorun]
    > OPEN=dan.htm
    > ICON=MyIcon.ICO

    Does even the browser open?

    --
    Steve Goodman
    * EarthLight Productions

    Revd. Norle Enturbulata, Apr 7, 2004

  3. Big-Dave

    Big-Dave Guest

    Hi, thanks for the reply. No IE doesen't open, the
    light on the cd-rom sputters ant it wines but no-
    open into my broweser(IE). As I said I tryed an
    aol disk and it opened. So I copyed aol's
    autorun.inf to my directory and changed
    cdpicker.exe to dan.html, but no banana!!
    Dave

    Big-Dave, Apr 7, 2004
  4. Big-Dave

    Mitja Guest

    "Big-Dave" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, I have tryed to get a web-page to run
    > when I insert a cd. Heres my autorun.inf,
    > all files are in the same place. Other cd's
    > will auto start. I am missing something?
    > I am using win-xp home.
    > Thanks
    > Dave
    >
    > -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    > [autorun]
    > OPEN=iexplore dan.html
    > ICON=MyIcon.ICO
    >
    > [autorun]
    > OPEN=dan.htm
    > ICON=MyIcon.ICO

    The thing that may well confuse Windows is that you specify the parameters
    twice. What should it run, "iexplore dan.htm" or "dan.htm". The answer is,
    of course, the former, so omit the latter. Also, try writing iexplore.exe
    instead of just iexplore.

    This solution, however, enforces use of IE. Try the ShellExecute parameter
    rather, lik this:

    [autorun]
    SHELLEXECUTE=dan.htm
    ICON=...

    This should have the same effect as double-clicking dan.htm, presuming that
    autorun is enabled.

    Mitja

    Mitja, Apr 7, 2004
  5. Big-Dave

    Hywel Guest

    In article <c51fqf$vp4$>, says...
    > Hi, I have tryed to get a web-page to run
    > when I insert a cd. Heres my autorun.inf,
    > all files are in the same place. Other cd's
    > will auto start. I am missing something?
    > I am using win-xp home.

    Do a google on "html autorun". ILTM that your file is screwed - IIRC
    your method won't work, and you'll need something like SHELLEXEC, or
    summat.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://kibo.org.uk/

    Hywel, Apr 7, 2004

    Try this: http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptautorun.asp

    Revd. Norle Enturbulata, Apr 7, 2004
  7. Big-Dave

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:c51fqf$vp4$>
    "Big-Dave" <> said:

    > Hi, I have tryed to get a web-page to run
    > when I insert a cd.

    [autorun]
    shellexecute=index.html

    shellexecute=[filepath\]filename[param1, [param2]...]
    Parameters

    filepath
    A string that contains the fully qualified path of the directory that
    contains the data or executable file. If no path is specified, the file
    must be in the drive's root directory.

    filename
    A string that contains the file's name. If it is an executable file, it
    is launched. If it is a data file, it must be a member of a file class.
    ShellExecuteEx launches the default command associated with the file
    class.

    paramx
    Contains any additional parameters that should be passed to
    ShellExecuteEx.

    Remarks
    This command is similar to open, but it allows you to use file
    association information to run the application.

    Autorun.inf Commands
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/e...ll_basics_extending/autorun/autoplay_cmds.asp

    Creating an AutoRun-Enabled Application
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/e...l_basics_extending/autorun/autoplay_works.asp

    --
    b r u c i e

    brucie, Apr 7, 2004
  8. Big-Dave

    Big-Dave Guest

    Success!!!
    Thanks for all the help. I had Karen's autorun program
    however I always like to code it me self . Anyway I
    put the info in her progie and in BINGO, the thing
    works perfect. It produces this..

    [Autorun]
    open=PTStart.exe DAN.HTML
    icon=MyIcon.ICO

    This completes this project, but I still want to find
    out why I can't code it. I tryed iexplore.exe instead
    of iexplore but still did not work. I will check out
    some of the links toy guys sugested.
    Thanks
    Dave

    Try this: http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptautorun.asp