    "hard coding" the link back to page3?

    Thank you any help.

    Ken
    ken, Feb 21, 2006

  2. ken wrote:

    > I know how to have a link to known page but is there way of having a link
    > going back to a previous page.

    The browser already has one, usually at the left hand end of the toolbar.
    Don't worry about trying to duplication its functionality (as you can't do
    a good job of it).

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is
    David Dorward, Feb 21, 2006

    --
    if it itches, it will be scratched
    Disco Octopus, Feb 21, 2006
  4. ken

    Guest

    Has anyone anywhere ever found these JavaScript 'back' links useful?
    , Feb 22, 2006
  5. wrote:

    > Disco Octopus wrote:

    > Has anyone anywhere ever found these JavaScript 'back' links useful?

    They actually take you Forward, don't they? So that if you then use the
    regular Back button, you go back to the page with that JavaScript link.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 22, 2006
  6. wrote:

    > Has anyone anywhere ever found these JavaScript 'back' links useful?

    Yes, they are a useful indication of bogosity. When you are looking for
    information and have to scan through dozens of Google hits, "Go back"
    links are useful for quick evaluation, along with "Bookmark this
    page!", "Top of page", etc. Of course, there is no point in clicking on
    them, since nobody knows without trying _where_ they take you.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Feb 22, 2006
  7. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > They actually take you Forward, don't they? So that if you then use the
    > regular Back button, you go back to the page with that JavaScript link.

    I don't think so, that is just what you expect from a link, so when you then
    use the back button you get surprised when you end up on the page two
    previous to the one you were expecting to get to.

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is
    David Dorward, Feb 22, 2006
  8. David Dorward wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    >> They actually take you Forward, don't they? So that if you then use the
    >> regular Back button, you go back to the page with that JavaScript link.

    > I don't think so, that is just what you expect from a link, so when you then
    > use the back button you get surprised when you end up on the page two
    > previous to the one you were expecting to get to.

    In an application I am building, the users (several thousand users) have
    requested this exact behaviour. That is, that a link act as the browsers
    back button.

    Even though the bogosity factor for this may be up there in some peoples
    eyes, it is still a requirement amongst users.

    --
    learn uniface
    Disco Octopus, Feb 23, 2006