Help with calculation

basicnet

Please don't flame me for asking such a dumb question, but this progra
is supposed to calculate the circumference and the total price of th
railing material....

this is what I have....

txtDiameter is the textbox where they eneter the diameter of th
circle

txtMaterialPrice is where they enter the price of the railing materia
per foot

lblCircumference is the display for for the calculated diameter of th
circle

lblPriceDisplay is the total price of material

Private Sub btnCalculate_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal
As System.EventArgs) Handles btnCalculate.Click

Dim decCircumference As Decimal
Dim decPriceDisplay As Decimal
Dim decDiameter As Decimal
Dim decMaterialPrice As Decimal

Dim intRadius As Single
intRadius = Val(txtDiameter.Text) / 2
lblCircumference.Text = 2 * 3.14 * intRadius

decPriceDisplay = decMaterialPrice * decCircumference

decDiameter = Convert.ToDecimal(Me.txtDiameter.Text)
decMaterialPrice = Convert.ToDecimal(Me.txtMaterialPrice.Text)

Me.lblCircumference.Text = Convert.ToString(decCircumference)
Me.lblPriceDisplay.Text = Convert.ToString(decPriceDisplay)

Me.lblCircumference.Focus()
Me.lblPriceDisplay.Focus()

End Su

-
basicne

Kevin Spencer

Have you considered that the circumference of a circle is not only 2* PI* r,
but also PI*d?

Think about it.

In addition, why not use Math.PI for a more accurate answer?

However, I'm sure that's not what you're asking. Problem is, you didn't.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
A brute awe as you,
a Metallic hag entity, eat us.

Hans Kesting

Please don't flame me for asking such a dumb question, but this program
is supposed to calculate the circumference and the total price of the
railing material....

this is what I have....

txtDiameter is the textbox where they eneter the diameter of the
circle

txtMaterialPrice is where they enter the price of the railing material
per foot

lblCircumference is the display for for the calculated diameter of the
circle

lblPriceDisplay is the total price of material

Private Sub btnCalculate_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e
As System.EventArgs) Handles btnCalculate.Click

Dim decCircumference As Decimal
Dim decPriceDisplay As Decimal
Dim decDiameter As Decimal
Dim decMaterialPrice As Decimal

Dim intRadius As Single
intRadius = Val(txtDiameter.Text) / 2
lblCircumference.Text = 2 * 3.14 * intRadius
Here you set lblCircumference.Text
decPriceDisplay = decMaterialPrice * decCircumference
and here you use the (unassigned) decCircumference
decDiameter = Convert.ToDecimal(Me.txtDiameter.Text)
decMaterialPrice = Convert.ToDecimal(Me.txtMaterialPrice.Text)

Me.lblCircumference.Text = Convert.ToString(decCircumference)
here also