Help with code for conditional redirect based on ALIVE status

andysideas

I am trying to set a link on our Intranet server to another onsite
system.

I want to send people to a page, that performs a check to see if the
website on the other server is ONLINE. If not then display a message
along the lines of SORRY PLEASE TRY LATER.

I have done some searching and it seems that I might be able to use the
onerror part within javascript.

Any advice on this one please

VK

I am trying to set a link on our Intranet server to another onsite
system.

I want to send people to a page, that performs a check to see if the
website on the other server is ONLINE. If not then display a message
along the lines of SORRY PLEASE TRY LATER.

I have done some searching and it seems that I might be able to use the
onerror part within javascript.

To get "error" event from say page body you still need to get the page
first :)

<http://www.ajaxtoolbox.com/request/examples.php>
"Error Handling" example shows that you need.

Read it, try it, then go to
<http://www.ajaxtoolbox.com/request/source.php>