Help with Companyweb

Mervin Williams

When attempting to access my 'companyweb' website, I was receiving the error message:
This Windows SharePoint Services virtual server has not been configured for use with ASP.NET 2.0.50727.42. For more information, please refer to Knowledge Base article 894903 at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=42660.
Since I was unable to find a solution to that issue, I completely uninstalled Sharepoint from my Windows Small Business Server 2003. I then reinstalled and applied both SP1 and SP2 for Sharepoint 2.0. Now when attempting to connect, I get the error message:
Directory Listing Denied
This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.
Please help!

Mervin Williams

Bob Fox

I would reinstall this after completely removing the .Net 2.0 Framework. Reinstall 1.1 Go from there. You need to take it back to scratch at this point. 2.0 is needed for the next version of Sharepoint but 1.1 is sufficient for V2

Did you allow Automatic Updates to install the latest version? It sounds like that was the culprit.

Bob Fox
http://bobfox.net

When attempting to access my 'companyweb' website, I was receiving the error message:
This Windows SharePoint Services virtual server has not been configured for use with ASP.NET 2.0.50727.42. For more information, please refer to Knowledge Base article 894903 at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=42660.
Since I was unable to find a solution to that issue, I completely uninstalled Sharepoint from my Windows Small Business Server 2003. I then reinstalled and applied both SP1 and SP2 for Sharepoint 2.0. Now when attempting to connect, I get the error message:
Directory Listing Denied
This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.
Please help!

Mervin Williams

Chris Crowe [MVP 1997 -> 2006]

I am not a sharepoint expert but you may want to check the following:

1) Does your sharepoint site have an ISAPI filter called "stsfltr" installed and running? Green Arrow pointing Up
2) Is your sharepoint central administration site working?

It should tell you if the site in question has been extended properly...

--

Cheers

Chris Crowe [IIS MVP 1997 -> 2006]
http://blog.crowe.co.nz

When attempting to access my 'companyweb' website, I was receiving the error message:
This Windows SharePoint Services virtual server has not been configured for use with ASP.NET 2.0.50727.42. For more information, please refer to Knowledge Base article 894903 at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=42660.
Since I was unable to find a solution to that issue, I completely uninstalled Sharepoint from my Windows Small Business Server 2003. I then reinstalled and applied both SP1 and SP2 for Sharepoint 2.0. Now when attempting to connect, I get the error message:
Directory Listing Denied
This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.
Please help!

Mervin Williams

Engelbert

Bob, the problem was ASP.NET 2.0 not .NET Framework 2.0.

I don't know what to do now he's re-done everything (and I certainly don't
understand why this was posted to all those newsgroups - what the heck has
it to do with the security group or IIS ?) but the solution would have been
to specify ASP.NET 1.1 use instead of ASP.NET 2.0 with I suspect an
alternative being to upgrade WSS SP2 which supports ASP.NET 2.0.

Engelbert

[...]

Guest

So what's the fix? I uninstalled .NET 2 and ran the install of 1.1 and ran
the connect to the internet wizard to republish but no joy. I can acesss the
sharepoint admin and the site says it's configured for 6.0. Thanks!