Help with ConfigParser

tony.ha

Hello I use ConfigParser as show below to read a config.txt file;

from ConfigParser import ConfigParser

config = ConfigParser()
config.read('config.txt')
items = config.items('FV')
for item in items:
module_name = item[0]
print module_name

The config.txt file has the following

[FV]
# Set the module to "1" to enable the regression test run on it, otherwise
set it to "0"

ip_dtlmmio0_1803: 0
ip_gpio0_4004: 0
ip_dmac0_1903: 0
ip_ptA_a_sdramc_2022: 1
ip_timer0_3012: 0

the output has been convert to lowercase, i.e ip_ptA_a_sdramc_2022 become
ip_pta_a_sdramc_2022
(the captial letter 'A, become lower case 'a').

Question: How can I pervent ConfigParse to convert Upper case yo lower
case??, thanks.

Peter Otten

Question: How can I pervent ConfigParse to convert Upper case yo lower
case??, thanks.

http://docs.python.org/dev/lib/RawConfigParser-objects.html

"""
optionxform(option)

Transforms the option name option as found in an input file or as passed in
by client code to the form that should be used in the internal structures.
The default implementation returns a lower-case version of option;
subclasses may override this or client code can set an attribute of this
name on instances to affect this behavior. Setting this to str(), for
example, would make option names case sensitive.
""""

If you don't pass defaults:

config = ConfigParser()
config.optionxform = str
# ...

Or, to be on the safe side:

class MyCasePreservingConfigParser(ConfigParser):
optionxform = str

config = MyCasePreservingConfigParser()
# ...

Peter

Enrico

Hi,
from the documentation:

optionxform(option)

Transforms the option name option as found in an input file or as passed in
by client code to the form that should be used in the internal structures.
The default implementation returns a lower-case version of option;
subclasses may override this or client code can set an attribute of this
name on instances to affect this behavior. Setting this to str(), for
example, would make option names case sensitive.

Bye,
Enrico