Help with creating django-admin.py file

Discussion in 'Python' started by Yoni201, Feb 16, 2013.

  1. Yoni201

    Yoni201 Guest

    Hello everyone,

    I am trying to follow this tutorial:
    https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.4/topics/install/#installing-official-release

    I am on step 3 as of now (scroll down a little bit to see it).

    For some reason when I run the code in terminal I get:
    zsh: permission denied: /Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/django.pth

    Here is my terminal with path information and everything:

    Yonatan-Orens-MacBook-Pro-2% echo $PATH
    /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin:/usr/local/git/bin
    Yonatan-Orens-MacBook-Pro-2% which django-admin.py
    django-admin.py not found
    Yonatan-Orens-MacBook-Pro-2% python -c "from distutils.sysconfig import get_python_lib; print get_python_lib()"
    /Library/Python/2.7/site-packages
    Yonatan-Orens-MacBook-Pro-2% echo documents/django/trunk/django-trunk > /Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/django.pth
    zsh: permission denied: /Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/django.pth

    Would anyone be able to help me resolve this issue?

    Thank you for your time,

    Yoni201.

    Yoni201, Feb 16, 2013