help with DAO's in xDoclet

wizumwalt

Hey all,

I found this in an old email and was wondering if someone could
clarify how this is done. This is exactly what I want, or am trying to
do now, but I don"t understand how. The pattern below was a question
from Sun"s DAO"s.

"The other difference between Sun"s pattern and our generated code
is that rather than using Data Transfer Objects (see below) to pass
the fields" values around between the EJB and DAO, we just have the
EJB pass a reference to itself to the DAO; your DAO Impl classes can
then use that reference to call the fields" getters & setters as
necessary."

How can I have the EJB pass a ref to itself to the DAO? An example or
any help would be much appreciated.