Help with DateTime and TimeZones / DayLight savings time

Ryan Ternier

We're implementing Daylight savings time in our new software, and I'm having
an issue codeing it.

We're storing:

Month (ie: 10)
WeekDay (ie: Sunday)
WeekNumber (ie: 3 - 3rd Sunday in the month, or -1 - last sunday in the
month)

THe reason we're doing this is because different cities in Canada have
different change dates, and in 2007 the US will be different than canada on
when it changes from DLT to Standard (we should just modify the work
schedule and not the time) anways, I'm finding it hard to do the following:

I have the month, and the year. However, trying to find the Day of the month
from the WeekName, and how many weeks that name is in the month is a bit
tedios.

Can anyone suggest anything on this?

Ryan Ternier

I found that VB.NET has a DatePart function, but of course MS didn't put
that funcion (the DateandTime libraries) in C#... !