Help with DateTime and TimeZones / DayLight savings time

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Ryan Ternier, Oct 14, 2005.

  1. Ryan Ternier

    Ryan Ternier Guest

    We're implementing Daylight savings time in our new software, and I'm having
    an issue codeing it.

    We're storing:

    Month (ie: 10)
    WeekDay (ie: Sunday)
    WeekNumber (ie: 3 - 3rd Sunday in the month, or -1 - last sunday in the
    month)

    THe reason we're doing this is because different cities in Canada have
    different change dates, and in 2007 the US will be different than canada on
    when it changes from DLT to Standard (we should just modify the work
    schedule and not the time) anways, I'm finding it hard to do the following:

    I have the month, and the year. However, trying to find the Day of the month
    from the WeekName, and how many weeks that name is in the month is a bit
    tedios.

    Can anyone suggest anything on this?
    Ryan Ternier, Oct 14, 2005

  2. Ryan Ternier

    Ryan Ternier Guest

    I found that VB.NET has a DatePart function, but of course MS didn't put
    that funcion (the DateandTime libraries) in C#... !

    Ryan Ternier, Oct 14, 2005