Help with design of "draggable" or "drag-over" button or hot-spot.

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by markszlazak@gmail.com, Apr 30, 2008.

  1. Guest

    We are all familiar with "no-drag" displaying when one tries to drag
    over a _fixed_ web-page image.

    No-drag won't display if you start dragging (start mousedown) just
    outside the image before moving over it because the operation is a
    selection of the image. However starting the mousedown in the image
    and then dragging over it will cause "no-drag" to appear.

    I can only drag-select certain fixed elements like table cells,
    textareas, whole images, input boxes, etc. What I want is a table
    where each cell has a small "button" or hot-spot in it's top-right
    corner. This "button", when mousedowned on, starts a different
    operation mode on the table where you can then drag over the button,
    down a column of table cells and then release (mouseup) anywhere over
    a table cell of the same column, thus selecting (highlighting) all the
    dragged over table cells.

    So, I'm wondering what is the best way to make a dragged-over start-
    selection-button/spot.

    I wanted this button to change image with mousedown but that won't
    work so changing color and text would be nice if doable.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks

    , Apr 30, 2008