Help with Eclipse Plugins

Anirudh

Hi,
I am a new user of eclipse. i have learnt how to create views as
plugins in eclipse. Now i need to create a perspective wherein various
views communicate with each other (a button click in one view should
translate to an action in another). Can anyone please help me with
this - either by providing source of any information or the
information on how to go about doing it itself.
Thanx in advance :)

Alex Fitzpatrick

Anirudh said:
Hi,
I am a new user of eclipse. i have learnt how to create views as
plugins in eclipse. Now i need to create a perspective wherein various
views communicate with each other (a button click in one view should
translate to an action in another). Can anyone please help me with
this - either by providing source of any information or the
information on how to go about doing it itself.
Thanx in advance :)

Short answer is open the plugin.xml file (in eclipse, so that the form
UI is showing), go to the Extensions tab and define a new extension on
org.eclipse.ui.perspectives.

I don't know if there's an example of a perspective in the FAQ, but it's
an essential read:

- http://www.eclipsefaq.org

Ed Burnett's RCP tutorial has an example perspective:

- http://eclipse.org/articles/Article-RCP-1/tutorial1.html

For more focused discussion on eclipse issues, you should check out the
eclipse newsgroups:

- http://eclipse.org/newsgroups/index.html