    any pointers?

    Thanks,
    Sunil.

    Sunil, Nov 25, 2003

  2. Sunil

    Anno Siegel Guest

    Sunil <> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
    > All,
    > The following does not work for me.
    >
    > find2perl . -name \*.\* | xargs fgrep -i 'begin'
    >
    > any pointers?

    No. It's your turn first to give us pointers.

    What did you expect it to do.
    What does it do instead.
    Where there any error messages?

    It's not like you're not posting here for the first time, is it.

    Anno

    Anno Siegel, Nov 25, 2003

  3. Sunil

    Sunil Guest

    > > All,
    > > The following does not work for me.
    > >
    > > find2perl . -name \*.\* | xargs fgrep -i 'begin'
    > >
    > > any pointers?

    > No. It's your turn first to give us pointers.
    >
    > What did you expect it to do.
    > What does it do instead.
    > Where there any error messages?
    >
    > It's not like you're not posting here for the first time, is it.
    >
    > Anno

    find . -name \*.\* | xargs fgrep -i 'begin'
    was working for me.

    find2perl even with the necessary escape characters
    find2perl . \-name \*.\* | xargs fgrep \-i \'begin\'
    seems to somehow execute fgrep.

    It looks like | is not being recognized....

    Thanks,
    Sunil.

    Sunil, Nov 25, 2003
  4. Sunil

    Anno Siegel Guest

    Sunil <> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
    > > > All,
    > > > The following does not work for me.
    > > >
    > > > find2perl . -name \*.\* | xargs fgrep -i 'begin'
    > > >
    > > > any pointers?

    > > No. It's your turn first to give us pointers.
    > >
    > > What did you expect it to do.
    > > What does it do instead.
    > > Where there any error messages?
    > >
    > > It's not like you're not posting here for the first time, is it.
    > >
    > > Anno

    > find . -name \*.\* | xargs fgrep -i 'begin'
    > was working for me.
    >
    > find2perl even with the necessary escape characters
    > find2perl . \-name \*.\* | xargs fgrep \-i \'begin\'
    > seems to somehow execute fgrep.
    >
    > It looks like | is not being recognized....

    No, you must pipe the output of find2perl into perl first. Read the
    documatation. From "perldoc find2perl"

    SYNOPSIS
    find2perl [paths] [predicates] | perl

    You can pipe *that* output into xargs.