    Here's the address: http://www.apex-cary.com/quote.html

    Again, any help would be greatly appreciated. If you're
    close enough, rewarded in the form of free beer :)

    GS, Oct 13, 2004

  2. GS

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html GS said:

    > Hi,

    g'day

    > I am having problems with the formail

    formmail is these days a generic term for a form script and doesn't
    actually refer to the original formmail script which everyone would
    dissuade you from using.

    there are gazillions of form scripts and the best people to help you
    with them are the authors of the script or the people who supplied you
    the script (e.g. your host).

    > Here's the address: http://www.apex-cary.com/quote.html

    4 seconds. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

    lots of errors and a 500px blank space on the right causing a nasty
    horizontal scrollbar.

    <META content="Microsoft FrontPage 5.0"

    not only is frontpage recognized as the worst html editor you can use
    but it also causes birth deformities. get rid of it. if not for yourself
    think of your children!

    if you want to stay with a WYSINWYG i recommend:
    http://www-306.ibm.com/software/awdtools/hpbuilder/

    > If you're close enough, rewarded in the form of free beer :)

    i'd prefer cash and/or sex

    --

    v o i c e s

    brucie, Oct 13, 2004

  3. GS

    GS Guest

    "brucie" <> wrote in message
    > In alt.html GS said:
    >
    > > Hi,

    > g'day
    >
    > > I am having problems with the formail

    > formmail is these days a generic term for a form script and doesn't
    > actually refer to the original formmail script which everyone would
    > dissuade you from using.
    >
    > there are gazillions of form scripts and the best people to help you
    > with them are the authors of the script or the people who supplied you
    > the script (e.g. your host).
    >
    > > Here's the address: http://www.apex-cary.com/quote.html

    > 4 seconds. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    >
    > lots of errors and a 500px blank space on the right causing a nasty
    > horizontal scrollbar.
    >
    > <META content="Microsoft FrontPage 5.0"
    >
    > not only is frontpage recognized as the worst html editor you can use
    > but it also causes birth deformities. get rid of it. if not for yourself
    > think of your children!
    >
    > if you want to stay with a WYSINWYG i recommend:
    > http://www-306.ibm.com/software/awdtools/hpbuilder/
    >
    > > If you're close enough, rewarded in the form of free beer :)

    > i'd prefer cash and/or sex
    >

    > --
    >

    > v o i c e s

    Yeah, I think I am in over my head. I didn't deisgn the page, just spruced
    it up with some
    graphics. I actually used dreamweaver and had some success....but it does
    need to be re-tooled
    again. I may just have to get on the phone with Lunarpages, or call in the
    calvary. I have downloaded
    some scripts, but they require some basic knowledge that i seem to be
    lacking. Oh well, thanks for
    the help!

    GS, Oct 13, 2004
  4. Quoth the raven brucie:

    > <META content="Microsoft FrontPage 5.0"
    >
    > not only is frontpage recognized as the worst html editor you can
    > use

    Third-worst.

    3. Microsoft FrontPlague
    2. Microsoft Word
    1. Microsoft Publisher

    > i'd prefer cash and/or sex

    http://home.rochester.rr.com/bshagnasty/images/bill.jpg

    Now you can buy a lot of sex. <g>

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 13, 2004
  5. GS

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html Beauregard T. Shagnasty said:

    >> not only is frontpage recognized as the worst html editor you can
    >> use

    > Third-worst.
    > 3. Microsoft FrontPlague
    > 2. Microsoft Word
    > 1. Microsoft Publisher

    i disagree, while their html is worse its not their primary function and
    they aren't claiming to be html editors.

    > http://home.rochester.rr.com/bshagnasty/images/bill.jpg
    > Now you can buy a lot of sex. <g>

    i cant do that! i'm a cancerian, i need to make a spiritual connection
    before sex and that takes a lot of time to develop.

    --

    v o i c e s

    brucie, Oct 13, 2004
  6. On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 05:35:41 +0000, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    >> not only is frontpage recognized as the worst html editor you can
    >> use

    > Third-worst.
    >
    > 3. Microsoft FrontPlague
    > 2. Microsoft Word
    > 1. Microsoft Publisher

    Yet they are used as HTML editors surprisingly frequently!

    --
    Jeffrey Silverman

    ** Drop "PANTS" to reply by email

    Jeffrey Silverman, Oct 13, 2004
  7. On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 04:38:47 +0000, GS wrote:

    > Here's the address: http://www.apex-cary.com/quote.html
    >
    > Again, any help would be greatly appreciated. If you're
    > close enough, rewarded in the form of free beer :)

    The problem you are having is with the CGI script, it would seem.

    http://www.apex-cary.com/cgi-bin/apex-cary.pl

    Not the form itself. The form itself is irrelevant, mostly, from your
    point of view, with the exception of the "action=" value, which it appears
    is set to the URL I posted, above.

    So here is what you should do.

    1) Find another Perl-based CGI script that will email the contents of a
    form to any email address.

    2) Install this script on the server in the cgi-bin directory.

    3) Configure script with proper email address.

    4) Change "action=" in the HTML form to the name of the new script.

    Unless, of course, there is another problem, which there might be. The
    "Internal Server Error" received when you click submit now is a clue. You
    might not have Perl available on the server (unlikely) or you might not be
    *allowed* to use CGI scripts of this type or the cgi-bin directory might
    be misconfigured.

    And finally, the 404 error looks unimportant also.

    "Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use
    an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

    The server is looking for the proper 500 error document which is missing.
    no biggee. You can ignore this for now, as it is not going to solve the
    form mail problem.

    Take a look in the Apache server error_log file, if you have access to it
    and can find it and can understand it. It may help answer some questions.
    (Or might not).

    .....underwear drying.....

    --
    Jeffrey Silverman