help with FXDialogBox

Raj Sahae

I want a DialogBox where I can click a button, perform some operation,
possibly returning a value, and then the DialogBox should close (not
hide, close). The methods I have tried for this have failed. My
current setup, which gives me a seg fault, is:

button = FXButton.new(parent, text, icon, nil, nil, 0, . . .)
button.connect(SEL_COMMAND) do |sender, sel, data|
self.download(card)
self.handle(sender, ID_ACCEPT, data)
end

I also tried
button = FXButton.new(parent, text, icon, nil, self, ID_ACCEPT . . .)
button.connect(SEL_COMMAND) do
self.download(card)
end

I can't get either of these to work. What information am I missing here?

Raj

Raj Sahae

Raj said:
I want a DialogBox where I can click a button, perform some operation,
possibly returning a value, and then the DialogBox should close (not
hide, close). The methods I have tried for this have failed. My
current setup, which gives me a seg fault, is:

button = FXButton.new(parent, text, icon, nil, 0, . . .)
button.connect(SEL_COMMAND) do |sender, sel, data|
self.download(card)
self.handle(sender, ID_ACCEPT, data)
end

I also tried
button = FXButton.new(parent, text, icon, self, ID_ACCEPT . . .)
button.connect(SEL_COMMAND) do
self.download(card)
end

I can't get either of these to work. What information am I missing here?

Raj
I fixed a typo in the code

Raj Sahae

My latest attempt, failure once more, is the following:

FXButton.new(rows[index/CPR], nil , icon, self, ID_ACCEPT,
LAYOUT_FIX_WIDTH|LAYOUT_FIX_HEIGHT|BUTTON_NORMAL, 0,0, WIDTH,
HEIGHT) do |button|
button.connect(SEL_COMMAND) { self.download(card) }
end

Raj Sahae

Raj said:
My latest attempt, failure once more, is the following:

FXButton.new(rows[index/CPR], nil , icon, self, ID_ACCEPT,
LAYOUT_FIX_WIDTH|LAYOUT_FIX_HEIGHT|BUTTON_NORMAL, 0,0, WIDTH,
HEIGHT) do |button|
button.connect(SEL_COMMAND) { self.download(card) }
end
Nobody on this one?
Lyle, you around somewhere?