Help with HTML forms and alphamail

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Steve, Apr 27, 2004.

  1. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Hi,

    I'm setting up an Intranet for a WAN of a 5 remote sites linked with 128
    ISDN links. We run a Win2000 servers network with win 98 and XP clients. I
    currently use MS Exchange 2000 on a Win2000 server SP4 as a internal mail
    client for PC clients. Like I said, on this server also running IIS 5 to
    publish an Intranet site. I want to create and add HTML email forms that
    will automatically send messages to a defined recipient as users clicks on
    the send button like you see on Internet. Though I downloaded and tried
    alphamail, different version of sendmail's and MS Form Wizard, I can't get
    anything to work. The goal here is to be able from some HTML pages, to send
    an email message (internal) to a pre-defined local address via the exchange
    server. Every user who has an exchange address has MS outlook configured on
    his or her PC. So let's say there is a HR page allowing users to send their
    comments about a new policy, an HTML form configured with the HR employe
    address, will be sent to that recipient as the users click the send button
    at the buttom of the form.

    IS there a solution for this since I'm not setting up a real Internet site?
    Can I have sendmail or something to work or do you have another solution?

    Thanks in advance.

    Steve amirault

    Steve, Apr 27, 2004