    person scrolls down the nav buttons will be lost.

    Thanks,

    I will post a link in afew days.
    Robert, Mar 31, 2005

  2. Robert wrote:

    > Hi I am using CSS and HTML to create a template for a friend.
    >
    > I have nav bar to the left and my text is in the middle. What is the
    > best way to have my nav bars follow my text. Use frames? What I
    > mean is that the text will be longer then my nav buttons and as the
    > person scrolls down the nav buttons will be lost.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > I will post a link in afew days.

    CSS offers fixed positioning (absolute perhaps) and you can set the position
    properties of navbar appropriately. Whether that's the best way to do it or
    not, I am sure other people around here will tell you. I know that IE and
    other browsers have limited support for this. Theoretically, it works.

    Roy

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz
    http://Schestowitz.com
    Roy Schestowitz, Mar 31, 2005

  3. Robert

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, Robert <> said:

    > I have nav bar to the left and my text is in the middle. What is the
    > best way to have my nav bars follow my text. Use frames? What I
    > mean is that the text will be longer then my nav buttons and as the
    > person scrolls down the nav buttons will be lost.

    I'm sure your visitors are smart enough to scroll back to the top of the
    page to get the menu back - they have to on most sites.

    If your pages are going to be *very* long (apart from considering
    splitting them up into shorter pages), just add the links again at the
    bottom of the page in the footer or something.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Apr 1, 2005
  4. Robert

    Toronto Newf Guest

    "Robert" <> wrote in message
    > Hi I am using CSS and HTML to create a template for a friend.
    >
    > I have nav bar to the left and my text is in the middle. What is the
    > best way to have my nav bars follow my text. Use frames? What I
    > mean is that the text will be longer then my nav buttons and as the
    > person scrolls down the nav buttons will be lost.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > I will post a link in afew days.

    I have seen on web pages where the nav buttons follow as you sroll. I am
    not sure how to do this maybe DHTML. Someone here might know.
    Toronto Newf, Apr 2, 2005
  5. Robert

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed (Robert) writing
    in news::

    > Hi I am using CSS and HTML to create a template for a friend.
    >
    > I have nav bar to the left and my text is in the middle. What is the
    > best way to have my nav bars follow my text. Use frames? What I
    > mean is that the text will be longer then my nav buttons and as the
    > person scrolls down the nav buttons will be lost.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > I will post a link in afew days.

    You know, the first time I saw that it was kind of neat. Now, it's a PITA.
    Google Groups (Beta) uses it, and it often covers up what I'm trying to
    read.

    If the navigation is clearly marked, users should not have any difficulty
    returning to it, or as Mark suggested, put links on the bottom of the page
    as well.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info