    Thanks in advance,

    Michael Tully
    Web Developer, Sempra Energy Trading
    Michael Tully, Feb 11, 2004

  2. Michael Tully

    gnari Guest

    "Michael Tully" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I am trying to get a page from a secured site that uses digital
    > certificates and https. I am using LWP and CRYPT::SSLEAY for accessing
    > the site. The question that I have has been perplexing me for days...
    >
    > If I go to the site and request the page in question, I can do a 'View
    > Source' and see all the <Option> tags just fine within the only form
    > that is on the page, but when I request the page via LWP, I get the
    > first <Option> tag (Which happens to be the one that is 'selected'),
    > but then the rest do not show up.

    maybe you are just printing the content to a terminal. if the option
    tags are in lines terminated only with \r, it may look like some
    lines are missing

    output it to a file and examine it by using a browser, or a tool like 'od',
    or just do s/\r/\n/g before printing

    gnari
    gnari, Feb 11, 2004

  3. "gnari" <> wrote in message news:<c0cq7s$j97$>...
    > "Michael Tully" <> wrote in message
    > > I am trying to get a page from a secured site that uses digital
    > > certificates and https. I am using LWP and CRYPT::SSLEAY for accessing
    > > the site. The question that I have has been perplexing me for days...
    > >
    > > If I go to the site and request the page in question, I can do a 'View
    > > Source' and see all the <Option> tags just fine within the only form
    > > that is on the page, but when I request the page via LWP, I get the
    > > first <Option> tag (Which happens to be the one that is 'selected'),
    > > but then the rest do not show up.

    > maybe you are just printing the content to a terminal. if the option
    > tags are in lines terminated only with \r, it may look like some
    > lines are missing
    >
    > output it to a file and examine it by using a browser, or a tool like 'od',
    > or just do s/\r/\n/g before printing
    >
    > gnari

    Well, it was a good thought, but still no dice. I have gone to several
    other web sites and have been able to get the option tags. I have even
    gone to other pages on the same site and have been able to get the
    option tags. For some reason, this page will just not display those
    tags and it is stumping me. ARRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!
    Michael Tully, Feb 11, 2004
  4. Michael Tully

    > "gnari" <> wrote in message

    [suggestions]

    > Well, it was a good thought, but still no dice. I have gone to several
    > other web sites and have been able to get the option tags. I have even
    > gone to other pages on the same site and have been able to get the
    > option tags. For some reason, this page will just not display those
    > tags and it is stumping me. ARRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

    I do not think this is a LWP problem. maybe the page is dynamic,
    and the output depends on user-agent or something.

    gnari
    gnari, Feb 11, 2004