Help with https request

Michael Tully

I am trying to get a page from a secured site that uses digital
certificates and https. I am using LWP and CRYPT::SSLEAY for accessing
the site. The question that I have has been perplexing me for days...

If I go to the site and request the page in question, I can do a 'View
Source' and see all the <Option> tags just fine within the only form
that is on the page, but when I request the page via LWP, I get the
first <Option> tag (Which happens to be the one that is 'selected'),
but then the rest do not show up.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Michael Tully
Web Developer, Sempra Energy Trading

gnari

Michael Tully said:
I am trying to get a page from a secured site that uses digital
certificates and https. I am using LWP and CRYPT::SSLEAY for accessing
the site. The question that I have has been perplexing me for days...

If I go to the site and request the page in question, I can do a 'View
Source' and see all the <Option> tags just fine within the only form
that is on the page, but when I request the page via LWP, I get the
first <Option> tag (Which happens to be the one that is 'selected'),
but then the rest do not show up.

maybe you are just printing the content to a terminal. if the option
tags are in lines terminated only with \r, it may look like some
lines are missing

output it to a file and examine it by using a browser, or a tool like 'od',
or just do s/\r/\n/g before printing

gnari

Michael Tully

gnari said:
maybe you are just printing the content to a terminal. if the option
tags are in lines terminated only with \r, it may look like some
lines are missing

output it to a file and examine it by using a browser, or a tool like 'od',
or just do s/\r/\n/g before printing

gnari

Well, it was a good thought, but still no dice. I have gone to several
other web sites and have been able to get the option tags. I have even
gone to other pages on the same site and have been able to get the
option tags. For some reason, this page will just not display those
tags and it is stumping me. ARRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

gnari

Michael Tully said:
"gnari" <[email protected]> wrote in message
Well, it was a good thought, but still no dice. I have gone to several
other web sites and have been able to get the option tags. I have even
gone to other pages on the same site and have been able to get the
option tags. For some reason, this page will just not display those
tags and it is stumping me. ARRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

I do not think this is a LWP problem. maybe the page is dynamic,
and the output depends on user-agent or something.

gnari