HELP WITH IMPERSONATING

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by u_heet, Sep 27, 2004.

  1. u_heet

    u_heet Guest

    Hi, I am a newbie at asp.net so I appreciate all of your help.

    I have a datagrid displaying unc_path's as a hyperlink to network shares.
    The problem that I'm having is that I get "Access denied" but only on serverB.
    ServerA is local, ServerB is remote. I tried impersonating an "admin"
    account in a web.config file but it doesn't seem to work. The output of
    System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent().Name shows the correct
    domain account I'm trying to impersonate. Weird thing is if I log into my
    machine as the account I'm trying to impersonate I can access the shares in
    both serverA and serverB with no problems.

    My web.config looks like this:

    <configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    <identity impersonate="true" userName="myDomain\Admin" password="Admin" />
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

    Am I missing something?
    u_heet, Sep 27, 2004