Help with Input string was not in a correct format

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Darren Clark, May 7, 2004.

  1. Darren Clark

    Darren Clark Guest

    I thin i have found the most frustrating error EVER

    "Input string was not in a correct format."

    We are using Custom Datasets,,, so when it comes to running a stored proc
    you set all the values and check they are OK>.

    then when you actually run
    myCommand.ExecuteNonQuery();

    It throws that stupid error...

    Even with running SQL profiler wont help as the code hasnt even hit the
    datbase as yet.

    Can anyone suggest a good way to debug these problems other than doing one
    stored proc param at a time#?

    Darren Clark, May 7, 2004

  2. H

    Is it possible for you to show us the code that is used to build up your
    command object

    Looking at the code we can suggest an solution

    Kashyp
    Aztec Software and Technology Service Ltd
    Bangalore

    =?Utf-8?B?S2FzaHlwYQ==?=, May 7, 2004

  3. Darren Clark

    Patrice Guest

    Bascially this is when a string cannot be converted to the approrpriate type
    (for exemple convering "ab" to an int should give this error).
    I would double check the sp parameters. Post more info if needed...

    Patrice, May 7, 2004