Help with integrating xml into html

chuck

Hi,
I would first like to apologize as i am new to xml and
am sure i don't fully understand the concepts/language.
I am creating a web site to sell items i make. I want
to dynamically create the page for each item based
on mysql data that i have stored about each item.
I have an html page with a css that i would like to use as the
backdrop for the dynamic content.
I am using php for all the server side programing and could
just use php to take the mysql data and convert it to html but
I think this would be better accomplished with xml and xsl. Am
I right in thinking this?
I have been reading quite a bit about xml and understand its
usefulness as a data medium, but to me right now it seems like
and extra step in creating this website.
Anyway is there a good resource i can learn how to incorporate
my site with xml?

Thanks,
chuck

Martin Honnen

chuck wrote:

I am creating a web site to sell items i make. I want
to dynamically create the page for each item based
on mysql data that i have stored about each item.
I have an html page with a css that i would like to use as the
backdrop for the dynamic content.
I am using php for all the server side programing and could
just use php to take the mysql data and convert it to html but
I think this would be better accomplished with xml and xsl. Am
I right in thinking this?

I don't think so, if you have PHP and MySQL then use that to query the
data base and produce HTML for the browsers, it doesn't make much sense
to use XML and XSLT.