help with ItemCommand event

Brian Smith

I'm developing my first ASP .NET application and I can't
seem to figure out what I need to do to capture the
particular button that was clicked with the ItemCommand
event. I have a DataGrid with a ButtonColumn and sortable
column headings for all the columns. The column headings
sorting function was working fine until I tried to add
some functionality to the ButtonColumn. I know the problem
is that I need to capture which particular button was
clicked -- I just don't know how. Currently, whenever I
click a button in the button column or one of the column
headings the code in the function linked to the
ItemCommand event runs. I want to have the column headings
do the same thing that they used to do when clicked (sort
the grid) and have the buttons in the button column
display some different information. How do I capture these
individual events?