Help with jabber client in wx

Discussion in 'Python' started by Astan Chee, Feb 11, 2008.

  1. Astan Chee

    Astan Chee Guest

    Hi,
    A project Im working on is a jabber client working with wx to interface
    with uTorrent's webUI using a python API for it. My project can be found
    here:
    http://code.google.com/p/gtalktorrent/
    A quick note, the project started as a google talk client, but it seems
    that xmpppy is flexible enough to support various other/similar XMPP
    servers, but I mainly use with/in google talk
    It is open source and I've included the windows executable as an
    optional download.
    The current problem Im having is that whenever the jabber client
    disconnects or whenever a network error occurs (ISP goes down,etc), the
    client does not reconnect. I've added some code to help this, but it
    still doesnt reconnect properly; or rather, it doesnt detect the
    disconnection properly. What am I doing wrong in the xmpppy classes/methods?
    I also ask people in the wx community since Im not sure how to overwrite
    or handle the wx MainLoop method and maybe I'm doing something wrong in
    there. Maybe a deadlocked event?
    Anyway, does anyone have any ideas?
    Cheers
    Astan

    Animal Logic
    http://www.animallogic.com

    Please think of the environment before printing this email.

    This email and any attachments may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not disclose or use the information contained in it. Please notify the sender immediately and delete this document if you have received it in error. We do not guarantee this email is error or virus free.
    Astan Chee, Feb 11, 2008

  2. Astan Chee

    Jarek Zgoda Guest

    Astan Chee pisze:

    > A quick note, the project started as a google talk client, but it seems
    > that xmpppy is flexible enough to support various other/similar XMPP
    > servers, but I mainly use with/in google talk
    > It is open source and I've included the windows executable as an
    > optional download.
    > The current problem Im having is that whenever the jabber client
    > disconnects or whenever a network error occurs (ISP goes down,etc), the
    > client does not reconnect. I've added some code to help this, but it
    > still doesnt reconnect properly; or rather, it doesnt detect the
    > disconnection properly. What am I doing wrong in the xmpppy
    > classes/methods?

    If you want to use xmppy, I'd suggest looking at Gajim team
    modifications to original source (http://gajim.org/). These guys did a
    whole lot of work making xmppy more standards compliant and fixing bugs.

    --
    Jarek Zgoda
    http://zgodowie.org/

    "We read Knuth so you don't have to" - Tim Peters
    Jarek Zgoda, Feb 11, 2008