Help with Java GUI on PocketPC

Huy Do

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on java GUIs running on the
Pocket PC. Using AWT, what is the best way of implementing multiple
windows. Here are some things I have tried:

1. Multiple java.awt.Frame/Window and using setVisible to show/hide
2. 1 Frame/window and multiple panels using cardlayout.
3. 1 Frame/window and multiple panels and using setVisible on the panels
to show/hide.

Can anyone comment on these methods and if there are better ways of
doing this.

Thanks

Huy Do

Andrew Thompson

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on java GUIs

Tip 1:
<http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#cljg>

[ These c.l.j.p'ers would not know how
to code a GUI to save their lives. ;-) ]
..running on the
Pocket PC. Using AWT, what is the best way of implementing multiple
windows. Here are some things I have tried:

1. Multiple java.awt.Frame/Window and using setVisible to show/hide

You can also use modal Dialogs if
you need to control the focus and
Windows if you can lose the
decorations.
2. 1 Frame/window and multiple panels using cardlayout.

This is the best way, I feel,
but sometimes you need more.
3. 1 Frame/window and multiple panels and using setVisible on the panels
to show/hide.

I would not recommend this, leave it to
a LayoutManager like CardLayout, that's
what it's for.
Can anyone comment on these methods and if there are better ways of
doing this.

A lot of this depends on
What are you _doing_ or _displaying_,
and in what ways user interacts with