Help with Java web-service via Perl

scjp

Hey all,

I recently wrote a few Java web-services. The first requires no parameters
and works fine when I call it with SOAP::Lite.

The second requires two Java String parameters. When I call it I get a
[java.lang.NumberFormatException] error.

Any ideas?

Code follows:

my $soap = SOAP::Lite
-> uri('blah1')
-> proxy('blah2');

$barcode = '008660100207';
$dept = '10';
my $result = $soap->interactiveExample($barcode, $dept);

unless ($result->fault)
{
print $result->result();
} else
{
print "\n\nError\n";
print join ', ',
$result->faultcode,
$result->faultstring,
$result->faultdetail;

scjp

Apparently I needed to do this:

$barcode = SOAP::Data->type( string => '008660100207' );
$dept = SOAP::Data->type( string => '10' );