    is unclickable. It stills shows the css properties of a link but the cursor
    does not change to the pointer nor can you click on it.

    Any suggestions?
    Fat, Dumb and Happy, Feb 25, 2005

  2. Fat, Dumb and Happy

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, "Fat, Dumb and Happy" <> said:

    > I have a relative position table with a div tag that hides overflow.

    Why? That means I may only see half of the content of your page,
    depending on my font size.

    > Within
    > this table is an e-mail link... just a standard href.

    Along with a link to a form for those users who don't have email, of
    course. :)

    > Onve I have
    > repositioned the table with javascript on the page's onLoad event, the link
    > is unclickable. It stills shows the css properties of a link but the cursor
    > does not change to the pointer nor can you click on it.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    Don't reposition the table with Javascript? I can't imagine why you
    would ever need to do that anyway.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Feb 25, 2005

  3. thanks for taking the time to read my post...

    I ended up figuring it out... had a z-index issue where the link was below
    another layer, which had some transparency so I could see the link but
    could not click it... But to answer some of your questions.

    I'm trying to make a couple JPGs of clouds scroll by continously in the
    background of the footer and header space in this design. Certain elements
    will apper on top of this slowly moving background, logo, address, phone,
    navigation and e-mail link. I do all this by setting relative positions of
    the indivdual elements and using the z-index for them.

    As far as the e-mail link is concerned... guess I never really thought
    about it linking to a form instead of using mailto: I'm guessing that the
    form would be needed by all those folks out there that are using web-based
    e-mail services.

    thanks for the comments
    Fat, Dumb and Happy, Mar 1, 2005