Help with links within relatively positioned table

Fat, Dumb and Happy

I have a relative position table with a div tag that hides overflow. Within
this table is an e-mail link... just a standard href. Onve I have
repositioned the table with javascript on the page's onLoad event, the link
is unclickable. It stills shows the css properties of a link but the cursor
does not change to the pointer nor can you click on it.

Any suggestions?

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html said:
I have a relative position table with a div tag that hides overflow.

Why? That means I may only see half of the content of your page,
depending on my font size.
Within
this table is an e-mail link... just a standard href.

Along with a link to a form for those users who don't have email, of
course. :)
Onve I have
repositioned the table with javascript on the page's onLoad event, the link
is unclickable. It stills shows the css properties of a link but the cursor
does not change to the pointer nor can you click on it.

Any suggestions?

Don't reposition the table with Javascript? I can't imagine why you
would ever need to do that anyway.

Fat, Dumb and Happy

thanks for taking the time to read my post...

I ended up figuring it out... had a z-index issue where the link was below
another layer, which had some transparency so I could see the link but
could not click it... But to answer some of your questions.

I'm trying to make a couple JPGs of clouds scroll by continously in the
background of the footer and header space in this design. Certain elements
will apper on top of this slowly moving background, logo, address, phone,
navigation and e-mail link. I do all this by setting relative positions of
the indivdual elements and using the z-index for them.

As far as the e-mail link is concerned... guess I never really thought
about it linking to a form instead of using mailto: I'm guessing that the
form would be needed by all those folks out there that are using web-based
e-mail services.

thanks for the comments