Help With Losing Session State In ASP Application

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Andy, Jan 11, 2008.

  1. Andy

    Andy Guest

    Hi Gang

    I need help. I have an ASP application that in a nutshell allows data
    entry on a main page. The problem is I'll have users that enter some
    data and save it. Then they'll enter some more data and then leave it
    for 30 mins, 2 hours or whatever. So when they come back they've lost
    the session state and when they try to save their data, the
    application goes to a friendly error page saying they've lost the
    state.

    There has to be a better way to handle this. Could I grab some
    session variables stored in cookies and then somehow restart the
    session allowing the user to save their information? Do you have any
    other ideas.

    Please help as this is causing us a lot of grief. I'm sick of telling
    our users "Ok everyone please remember to save every ten minutes if
    you have the application open." They want to kick the IT guy. :-(

    Thanks
    Andy

    Andy, Jan 11, 2008