Help With Losing Session State In ASP Application

Andy

Hi Gang

I need help. I have an ASP application that in a nutshell allows data
entry on a main page. The problem is I'll have users that enter some
data and save it. Then they'll enter some more data and then leave it
for 30 mins, 2 hours or whatever. So when they come back they've lost
the session state and when they try to save their data, the
application goes to a friendly error page saying they've lost the
state.

There has to be a better way to handle this. Could I grab some
session variables stored in cookies and then somehow restart the
session allowing the user to save their information? Do you have any
other ideas.

Please help as this is causing us a lot of grief. I'm sick of telling
our users "Ok everyone please remember to save every ten minutes if
you have the application open." They want to kick the IT guy. :-(

Thanks
Andy