Help With Mobile DeviceFilter

Victor J. Servin

I am developing a Wap Site and i have problems using the
mobile filters.
When i want to ask for mobilecapabilities i can get info
about model or type or browser.
But this Info is accesible via Httpheader User-Agent and
it comes like this "Nokia3560/1.0 (02.09) Profile/MIDP-1.0
Configuration/CLDC-1.0"
I want to know if this is a problem of my gateway or a
configuration Issue of my mobileApp.
I need to know wich device is connecting to my app so i
can customize my page for it.
Please give a hand on this one
Thanks
VJS

Jason S

Victor,

The header HTTP_USER_AGENT comes from the user agent itself in most cases.
Is it possible your gateway could be modfying this? Yes, but it should be
something you can still key on. You may want to consult your service
provide/gateway documentation.

You can add custom matching strings in your application's configuration.
The first step is to see if the device is supported by the framework, next
make sure you have the latest device update from MSFT, finally either test
the header string for a specific value or add a more friendly filter to you
app via the documentation on mobile config settings.

Regards,
Jason S.