Help with multiple key sort

ian.brady1

gurus:

I want to implement a sql-like sort-by on multiple keys. I've seen
many examples of just two keys.

I have a list like this

1 one 2
1 one 1
1 two 1
1 one 0
1 xx 0

result should be like this

1 four 2
1 one 0
1 one 1
1 one 2
1 xx 0

It moves right while keeping sorted order to the left. This is the
new stable sort in 2.5.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. please help.

Thanks

Jussi Salmela

(e-mail address removed) kirjoitti:
gurus:

I want to implement a sql-like sort-by on multiple keys. I've seen
many examples of just two keys.

I have a list like this

1 one 2
1 one 1
1 two 1
1 one 0
1 xx 0

result should be like this

1 four 2
1 one 0
1 one 1
1 one 2
1 xx 0

It moves right while keeping sorted order to the left. This is the
new stable sort in 2.5.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. please help.

Thanks

I'm not a guru. Maybe that's why I don't understand which "sql-like
sort-by on multiple keys" would produce output that lacks some of the
input but has additional items. ;)

In other words: why don't you show your concrete program and the input
and output data to use. Is the data a list of tuples or lists or what?

Cheers,
Jussi

ian.brady1

Paul already answered it. Tnx Paul. My data is in a file and now I
have to take care to strip \t and \n from it.

Thanks