Help with network path error!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by rcoco, Apr 18, 2007.

  1. rcoco

    rcoco Guest

    I'M HAVING THIS PROBLEM WITH MY WEBSITE, I DEPLOYED IT ON TO TE
    SERVER
    AND ON THE SERVER IT WORKS WELL BUT WHEN i TRY TO INSERT DATA WHEN ON
    CLIENT I GET THIS ERROR:
    [COMException (0x80070035): The network path was not found]
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail)
    +705
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind() +10
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_AdsObject() +10
    System.DirectoryServices.PropertyValueCollection.PopulateList() +234
    System.DirectoryServices.PropertyValueCollection..ctor(DirectoryEntry
    entry, String propertyName) +56
    System.DirectoryServices.PropertyCollection.get_Item(String
    propertyName) +97
    Dash_Board.DashBoard.dgis_ItemCommand(Object source,
    DataGridCommandEventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\dash_board
    \dashboard.aspx.cs:156
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGrid.OnUpdateCommand(DataGridCommandEventArgs
    e) +109
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGrid.OnBubbleEvent(Object source,
    EventArgs e) +507
    System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args)
    +26
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridItem.OnBubbleEvent(Object source,
    EventArgs e) +106
    System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args)
    +26
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e)
    +121
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.Ra­
    isePostBackEvent(String
    eventArgument) +115
    sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18
    +138
    I'm using windows authentication and I'm adding identity
    impersonate="true".
    And here is the behind code:

    System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox st6=new
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox();
    st6=(System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox)e.Item.Cells[0].FindControl("txtname­");
    SqlCommand myCommand=new
    SqlCommand();myCommand.Connection=con;myCommand.CommandText="insert
    into DashBoard (ObjectiveAchieved,Objective,MoodToday,Name) values
    (@ObjectiveAchieved, @Objective,@MoodToday,@Name)";
    myCommand.Parameters.Add(new SqlParameter("@Name",SqlDbType.Text));
    string
    DomainUser=System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent().Name.Repl­
    ace("\
    \","/");
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry ADEntry = new
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry("WinNT://"+DomainUser);
    myCommand.Parameters["@Name"].Value=st6.Text=(ADEntry.Properties["FullName"].Value.ToString());

    Where could I be going wrong?
    Thanks

    rcoco, Apr 18, 2007