Help with Pipe Implementation in NT

bmwz8

I am trying to implement 3 pipe functions in Windows NT environment.
There are to be multiple pipes with a buffer size of 32 characters. I
am to implement mypipe(), myread(), and mywrite() calls. Also create
multiple readers and writers in threads that use the pipe. I already
have the function prototype setup, I just
need an idea or direction on where to go about to begin implementing
the functions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The function prototype are as follows:
id = mypipe() // mypipe call returns pipe id

myread( id, number_of_characters, char_array)
// myread() takes pipe id, the number of character to read, the
characters
// to read is put in char_array, and returns the number of characters
read

mywrite (id , number_of_characters, char_array)
// mywrite() takes pipe id, number of characters to write, the
characters to
// write is in char_array, and returns the number of characters written.