help with python-devel!!!

gferreri

I am trying to install Numeric python which fails because I do not have

"/usr/lib/python-2.3/config/Makefile"

I've done some research and figured out I don't have the "python-devel"
package ... how do I get this?? I'm running Mandrake 10.1 and typing
"urpmi python-devel" does not work (it can't find a package by that
name) .. I've tried building and installing python from source, but it
does not install the config directory...

Any ideas of what I have to do to get python-devel installed on my
system? Thanks!

Dennis Lee Bieber

I am trying to install Numeric python which fails because I do not have

"/usr/lib/python-2.3/config/Makefile"

I've done some research and figured out I don't have the "python-devel"
package ... how do I get this?? I'm running Mandrake 10.1 and typing

How complete a Mandrake 10.1 package did you have? If you had
the packaged CD sets, try a reinstall/upgrade install just asking for
"development packages".
"urpmi python-devel" does not work (it can't find a package by that
name) .. I've tried building and installing python from source, but it
does not install the config directory...

Try browsing the Mandrake web site by hand for downloadable
packages?

Michele Simionato

Just give (as root)

# urpmi python-devel

(assuming you have configured urpmi properly, Google
for "easy urpmi").

Michele Simionato