Help with reading WinXP registry

David Flory

I am trying to write a short program to list the keys and values in a
WinXP registry key. I have tried to use pyRegistry and get an error.
My test code is:

Import pyRegistry
baseKey = "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes"
basereg = pyRegistry.open(baseKey)
print basereg.getKeyNames()

Which gives the error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\bin\test_pyRegistry.py", line 5, in ?
print basereg.getKeyNames()
AttributeError: getKeyNames

What am I doing wrong? Using basereg.getValueNames() works fine.

Is there a better way to access the registry in a Win32 system?

Tia, David