Help with RelaxNG and Trang (and Emacs)

Discussion in 'XML' started by David Abrahams, Feb 9, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    I recently translated the DTD at
    http://www.boost.org/doc/dtd/boostbook.dtd (a refinement of docbook)
    to RelaxNG using Trang, using no special command-line options. Now if
    I try to auto-complete the following in emacs' nXML-mode:

    <programlisting>
    foo </repl-!-
    </programlisting>

    Where the cursor is sitting where "-!-" appears, it works fine in
    DocBook (using the schema supplied with nXML-mode) but fails in BoostBook.

    The dbpoolx.mod.rnc generated by trang differs in some significant ways
    from the dbpool.rnc supplied with nXML-mode, but I don't know enough
    about RelaxNG (or DTDs, for that matter) to understand what the
    differences mean.

    Any help would be most appreciated. I've asked on the nxml-mode
    mailing list, and got no reply. The Googlable world hasn't heard from
    the nxml-mode/trang author, James Clark, since 2003, as far as I can
    tell. I hope he's all right; these are great tools!

    Thanks in advance,

    --
    Dave Abrahams
    Boost Consulting