Help with RelaxNG and Trang (and Emacs)

David Abrahams

Hi,

I recently translated the DTD at
http://www.boost.org/doc/dtd/boostbook.dtd (a refinement of docbook)
to RelaxNG using Trang, using no special command-line options. Now if
I try to auto-complete the following in emacs' nXML-mode:

<programlisting>
foo </repl-!-
</programlisting>

Where the cursor is sitting where "-!-" appears, it works fine in
DocBook (using the schema supplied with nXML-mode) but fails in BoostBook.

The dbpoolx.mod.rnc generated by trang differs in some significant ways
from the dbpool.rnc supplied with nXML-mode, but I don't know enough
about RelaxNG (or DTDs, for that matter) to understand what the
differences mean.

Any help would be most appreciated. I've asked on the nxml-mode
mailing list, and got no reply. The Googlable world hasn't heard from
the nxml-mode/trang author, James Clark, since 2003, as far as I can
tell. I hope he's all right; these are great tools!

Thanks in advance,