Help with request.querystring

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by George, Aug 15, 2008.

  1. George

    George Guest

    Hi all,

    I am making a page that calls itself to display records from a database.
    The links are setup as follows:
    For I = 1 To 26
    %>
    %></a>
    <%
    Next

    The above gives me a link for the letters "A" thru "Z" and one for
    everything else("#").

    My problem is the "#" is never recognized. When I reach the following:

    If Request.QueryString("NAV") = "" Then
    intPage = "A"
    Else
    intPage = Request.QueryString("NAV")
    End If

    I do not get the # passed. It returns a blank and the "A" is put into
    intPage and the A page is displayed.

    Any ideas on why I cannot get the # to pass?

    Thanks in advance,

    George
    George, Aug 15, 2008

  2. George

    Evertjan. Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?R2Vvcmdl?= wrote on 15 aug 2008 in
    > I am making a page that calls itself to display records from a database.
    > The links are setup as follows:

    [ASP code skipped]

    > The above gives me a link for the letters "A" thru "Z" and one for
    > everything else("#").
    >
    > My problem is the "#" is never recognized. When I reach the following:

    # starts the anchor position and is not part of the querystring.

    NAV=#

    returns an empty content of NAV.

    Not an ASP problem, please ask html Q elsewhere.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Aug 15, 2008