Help with research

elena

I'm a Java/C++ developer who is also studying psychology.

I would really appreciate it if you would complete a survey that I'm
using for a research project on programmers.

It's easy [Yes/No answers] and takes about 5 minutes.

I will be presenting the results at the American Psychological
Association convention in August.

The study link is:

http://www.elena.com

The survey measures "cognitive style" (analytical/intuitive) which
describes how you process information and learn. The people I've
pre-tested it with found it to be pretty interesting.

I can go to my friends, however it occurred to me that it might be
better to post in a newsgroup and get a larger, more diverse, and
random sample.

Thanks again for your time,

Elena

Richard Herring

elena said:
I'm a Java/C++ developer who is also studying psychology.

I would really appreciate it if you would complete a survey that I'm
using for a research project on programmers.

It's easy [Yes/No answers] and takes about 5 minutes.

I will be presenting the results at the American Psychological
Association convention in August.

The study link is:

http://www.elena.com

The survey measures "cognitive style" (analytical/intuitive) which
describes how you process information and learn. The people I've
pre-tested it with found it to be pretty interesting.

I can go to my friends, however it occurred to me that it might be
better to post in a newsgroup and get a larger, more diverse, and

self-selected, and therefore statistically worthless

elena

Not necessarily. Self-selection affect highly dependent on whether
studing theory or behavior, cognitive or social dimensions.

Richard Herring

In message said:
Not necessarily. Self-selection affect highly dependent on whether
studing theory or behavior, cognitive or social dimensions.
Big deal. Still present. Still unquantifiable. Still off-topic.

What's your question about C++?

Jonathan Turkanis

Richard said:
Big deal. Still present. Still unquantifiable. Still off-topic.

What's your question about C++?

I see this as an announcement that might be interesting to C++ programmers in
general. No more off-topic than the announcement for the Boost logo contest
(which was approved by the moderators at c.l.c++.m)

Jonathan

Richard Herring

Jonathan Turkanis said:
I see this as an announcement that might be interesting to C++ programmers in
general.

Why C++ programmers, rather than just programmers in general? There's
nothing specific to C++ about it.
No more off-topic than the announcement for the Boost logo contest

Except that Boost is a specifically C++ library.
(which was approved by the moderators at c.l.c++.m)

That's their prerogative.