Help with Script Needed Desperately

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Joe Foran, Aug 31, 2004.

  1. Joe Foran

    Joe Foran Guest

    Hi everyone,

    I'm in a bit of a bind... I have some batch scripting ability but next
    to no skill in Perl. I had a set of scripts that would:

    Query the registry key
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SMS\Client\Configuration\Client Application
    Launchers\Hardware Inventory Agent

    If the value returned is 0x79726f74 then it would stop the SMS Client
    Service (clisvc), wait for this to complete, and then delete two
    registry keys:

    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SMS\Client\Configuration\Client Application
    Launchers\Hardware Inventory Agent

    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SMS\Client\Client Components\Hardware
    Inventory Agent

    5. Report back to a file on \\hostserver\MSKB\28552\

    We also had a VBS that ran great, but required WMI 1.5. Thus comes the
    caveat... the targets are our legacy desktops running NT4 Workstation,
    WMI v1, Perl 5 and IE5. The script needs to run at logon (we use
    psexec to get elevated rights), and definately has to report back for
    auditing purposes.

    Does anyone know how to do this? I am completely tapped.

    TIA!

    Joe Foran
    Joe Foran, Aug 31, 2004